• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forum Application on mobile device does not work well

Engaged ,
Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Adobe should a make a mobile application for their forum support as its a big community for us and we easily want to connect with this and share our ideas etc. We need an easy and portable way to access Adobe Forum like Facebook and other social media.

I hope Adobe will work on this too.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying you can't access these online forums from your mobile device?   Open this link in your browser and create a shortcut. for it.   It doesn't get much easier than that.

Forum Application

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To access Adobe forums I need to access through a browser. In laptop/computer its fine. But in mobile its much more complicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're telling me the mobile version of this website stinks, I agree with you.  I've been telling Adobe that for years.   But a dedicated mobile app is not necessary.  They just need a better mobile UI/UX for this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That will work too. Thanks for understanding what I wanted  to say

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rarely use the forum with my phone. Currently I’m using my iPad. In both cases the experience could be better. On the phone using the fora works best in landscape. The portrait view is practically not usable.

The problem here is that Adobe has bought the service of the forum from a third party and Adobe is using what they get offered. I agree, however, that the user experience is not the best and that Adobe or their partner could do better.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Creative Cloud forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JIve Software (now owned by Aurea) put out a mobile app many years ago but it's not compatible with the customized site that Adobe has built. The website was only ever intended for desktop-size browsers. Jive's suggestion for users on mobile has always been to just use email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, I heartily agree that these should work properly and fully on mobile devices. 

yes it's harder, but we really do access these forums on mobile devices A LOT. 

I hate to be that guy but come on. It's 2021! For all pain it is to developers, mobile functionality is critical for information forums 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, I agree.

During another recent power outage here, I was forced to use a late model iPad Air on the web and this forum was unusable.  I couldn't see a single post!  Clicking on my Avatar did nothing.  The More link did nothing.   I don't expect everything to work right on all devices.  But nothing worked and that's unacceptable.

Nancy_OShea_1-1588967747848.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines