• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forum changes

Community Expert ,
May 03, 2014 May 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, there's good progress in not being forced to sign in every time, but there's some way to go. We're missing:

1. Number of posts in a thread

2. Indication of most recent contributor to a thread

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 101 Replies 101
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

At least in the Detail view (shown as Chi'en/Qián or Heaven trigram, or maybe just three lines), you can see the number of posts.

I am afraid the latest poster feature is lost (unless a customization is made, if at all possible).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am afraid the latest poster feature is lost (unless a customization is made, if at all possible).

I really hope not.

It's one of the most useful features to make the forums useable.

We also seem to have lost the ability to jump straight to the most recent post in any thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I do ask questions, I am mainly helping others here. I usually scan the number of posts to a thread and the most recent poster to see if there's new activity, and jump to the most recent post (thanks for reminding me of that John W). If the lack of this information means I have to go clicking into every thread I'm watching.... it's not going to happen, or at least it's eating into the time/effort I might give to the forum.  

"Chi'en/Qián or Heaven trigram" - huh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, and John.

I am afraid we are only at the very beginning of questions and feature restoration requests, all of which may be hopeless.

I may say that I live in fear (生きものの記録 (Ikimono no kiroku)).

"Chi'en/Qián or Heaven trigram" - huh?

See I Ching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob Bugge wrote:

I am afraid we are only at the very beginning of questions and feature restoration requests, all of which may be hopeless.

I sure hope Adobe is listening and ready to action these requests.

If we don't restore some of the basic functionality we're all used to in order to make these forums usable again then I see little point in wasting time here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bravo, I'm all for displays of erudition!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

erudition

Hardly. It is more a tradition in my native forum to spot and use opportunities to post silly things such as whichever obscure references come to mind (preferably with enough clues for other particiapants). In this thread heaven(ly view) may be seen as a joke, and the fear may be seen as a genuine one with regard to losing friends, uncannily reflected already in post #6 by the other John.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

john beardsworth wrote:

While I do ask questions, I am mainly helping others here. I usually scan the number of posts to a thread and the most recent poster to see if there's new activity, and jump to the most recent post (thanks for reminding me of that John W). If the lack of this information means I have to go clicking into every thread I'm watching.... it's not going to happen, or at least it's eating into the time/effort I might give to the forum.

Same situation here - agree 100%. There's some other basic functionality missing as well - has been for years. For instance, if you provide a link to a site that somebody's too lazy to search for themselves you get a huge great white box with a space for the URL at the top, and nothing else in it. So where's the option to give your URL a friendly title so it can flow in a line of text if you want it to? I asked about this years ago, and nothing's been done.

Oh, and another thing. Audition is Adobe's flagship audio product. Can you post an audio file (of any description) on the Audition U2U forum? There are no prizes for guessing the answer...

Hitting 'discussions' at the top of the page used to take you back to a simple list of threads. Not any more... I've had to save a bookmark to get back to that. This is a PITA, quite frankly.

I'm sorry Adobe, but whatever you've done, it's not an improvement - in the slightest. Indeed, it's quite a step back into the dark ages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And even though I'm given the option to edit my post in a thread when it's the last one, it won't save it. The point of that being...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fact it's bizarre - I can go back and look at the page I've edited and see what I changed, but it won't display it - meaning that no edits are possible at all. This isn't an upgrade at all - it's a severely broken downgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I note the going to most current seems to be gone. It might be good to have it as an option. I also noticed that I am back to downloading all the icons showing folks. It is interesting, but takes space and a lot of download time. I thought that some options of what to display might happen. I really am not interested in seeing faces and such, and find the download time is a bit longer as a result. I have only browsed the forums for a short time since they are back up, but it is a new interface that I have to look at for a while to see other things. It is just the 2 items of most current and images are my fist issues.

I just found 2 more issues. I find having the edit button under actions rather than next to the reply like it used to be a bit annoying. Even more annoying was the wait time in backing to the previous page in a sub-forum (I was in one of the Acrobat sub-forums). I timed it after I hit the back button and it took 22 seconds. Just 5 seconds is annoying, but 22 seconds? In doing this edit,

I guess I can accept seeing the original message for the reply, but found it a bit annoying to have to step way down to accept the edit. The "Save Reply" button needs to right below this box, not below another message. I was looking for the box for a while before I scrolled down a few screens to find the Save Reply. Really annoying to have to scroll below another message to save and confusing as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ability to post a picture is missing - or rather - broken.

Posting an audio file is a brilliant idea. I never thought about that. I am not sure how they would do that, but it is certainly a great idea.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 23, 2014 May 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

I agree completely!

I have yet to find one thing that I like about the Jive 7 forums (I know that we did not really have a choice), but am plodding along.

I also find that the new forum is about 1/100 th the speed of the old one...

For a bit here, I thought that the Block Quotes feature was not working. When I went to use it, the quoted text disappeared completely. It took 2 mins. for it to pop back up, in quotes.

Guess that I probably need to retire from these forums, or perhaps just learn to participate on FaceBook?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill Hunt wrote:

…Guess that I probably need to retire from these forums, or perhaps just learn to participate on FaceBook?

Bill, for a long time it has been my educated suspicion that Adobe's ultimate goal, is to drive contributors away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Station,

I have countered that idea for some time, but... now I am not so sure that I do not agree with you.

It now seems that Adobe wants us to answer questions, or fix problems on Twitter - with 144 characters, or fewer.

Hunt - just so discouraged now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2014 May 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill,

I have yet to find one thing that I like about the Jive 7 forums

We all have the same background now.

Different backgrounds in some forums

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't sign in with Internet Explorer 11 - fine with Firefox and Chrome, no go with Internet Explorer 11.  Any one else seeing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nickna12 wrote:

I can't sign in with Internet Explorer 11 - fine with Firefox and Chrome, no go with Internet Explorer 11.  Any one else seeing this?

Same here.  I moved to Firefox from IE11 after the last upgrade, but tried IE11 again to see if any of the missing features worked over there.  Like you, I was unable to sign in at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless I am missing it somewhere, it is now impossible to view page 2 and page 3 and all previous pages of the forum! A major omission! This makes browsing the forum relatively useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dj_paige wrote:

Unless I am missing it somewhere, it is now impossible to view page 2 and page 3 and all previous pages of the forum! A major omission! This makes browsing the forum relatively useless.

So I have stumbled upon a solution, I don't know if this is the intended method or the best method of solving this problem, however it does work

At the top of a forum, you can click on Content, and then over on the right, click on the "triple bar" icon (just next to the "four squares" icon) and suddenly you can scroll to page two and eventually page three and so on.

But it's not sticky. If you had bookmarked a particular forum, say https://forums.adobe.com/community/lightroom, then you would need to change your bookmark to

https://forums.adobe.com/community/lightroom/content

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That view also seems to indicate whether there have been any replies since you last looked at a thread. Still doesn't tell you who the reply was from though, which is probably the most useful information that could have been displayed (as it used to be...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's one way to bookmark a discussion view showing title, author, replies, views, date of latest activity, and back/forward page navigation:

1. Click the Content tab in the top menu bar (white on grey).
  2. Click the Discussions tab in the sub-menu bar (blue on light grey).
  3. The URL in the browser address bar can be bookmarked, e.g.

https://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments/content?filterID=contentstatus%5Bpublished...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John R. Ellis wrote:

Here's one way to bookmark a discussion view showing title, author, replies, views, date of latest activity, and back/forward page navigation:

1. Click the Content tab in the top menu bar (white on grey).
  2. Click the Discussions tab in the sub-menu bar (blue on light grey).
  3. The URL in the browser address bar can be bookmarked, e.g.

https://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments/content?filterID=contentstatus%5 Bpublishe...

John, it says you are replying to me ... but that certainly doesn't address the question I was asking, or I can't figure out how it addresses the question I was asking.

I want, like in the old forum, a list of threads (discussions) that I had participated in, from any forum I had visited, not a list of all discussions in a forum

And by the way, I use other JIVE forums (not using the word JIVE in a derogatory fashion here, hard to believe, I know), that look substantially similar to the new forum here at Adobe, where such a feature, a list of threads I have participated in, is a single mouse click

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nickna12 wrote:

I can't sign in with Internet Explorer 11 - fine with Firefox and Chrome, no go with Internet Explorer 11.

I never use Internet Explorer, but I just tried it: no problem signing in with IE11.

What exactly happens when you try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines