Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forum session login/timeouts

Apr 27, 2009 Apr 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've had some changes made for session timeouts. Are people still having to constantly log-in throughout the day? Today I've managed to stay logged in without any forum activity for up to 3 hours or slightly longer. Has it improved for others? The login session should now be about 4 hours. It was supposed to be two hours previously, but for some accounts it might have been shorter.

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 234 Replies 234
Advocate ,
Jun 11, 2009 Jun 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the number of views on this thread! Must be a very common problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 11, 2009 Jun 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most times I come here and I'm already logged in.  But then, after a few minutes, I'm logged out for no apparent reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 12, 2009 Jun 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still logged in from yesterday... hmm... waiting for the ax to fall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lol! (well, no, not really)...

1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THERE YOU GO...  What did you do wrong, Dave?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Q Photo wrote:

THERE YOU GO...  What did you do wrong, Dave?

tried to reply to a thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, like I said before: THERE YOU GO...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 13, 2009 Jun 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not just us - from the DW forum:

I will say that the waiting times have sucked all the spontaneity of this forum. I always have to log in now and clicking on "new" just to click on a solitary "discussion" link and then to pick out a discussion from a list is extremely annoying... Eye candy over substance...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Things seem to be getting worse. I am now constantly logged out after some 12 hours, much less than the promised 24. And I have the impression that posting a message, even a private one, shortens this time and can even trigger the log out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Things seem to be getting worse. I am now constantly logged out after some 12 hours, much less than the promised 24. And I have the impression that posting a message, even a private one, shortens this time and can even trigger the log out.

Ah, maybe that is it: time is measured by activity, so the more we post, the sooner we are out. Time to lean back, relax, and stay in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines