• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How about a Happy Holidays Amnesty for the Banned?

Explorer ,
Dec 24, 2009 Dec 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JC?

How about it?

Thanks for your consideration.

Paz

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 25, 2009 Dec 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

merry christmas paz! heard you're having some health issues again. prayers and long distance hugs for you my friend!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2010 Jan 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Dave.

I ain't skeered.  I'm either going to beat it, or die tryin!

Now, when I got a copy of the bill for $714 for taking me by ambulance from one hospital to the other...

That's scary!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 01, 2010 Jan 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of extreme consideration for the banned, leaving them banned will prevent them from having to try to log on to these forums. Let them count their blessings.

Amen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 02, 2010 Jan 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"How about a Happy Holidays Amnesty for the Banned?"

I vote YES...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 02, 2010 Jan 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The weak can never forgive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 03, 2010 Jan 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<sigh>

I have, sadly, pretty much given up.       

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 03, 2010 Jan 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saskatchewanobie,

Thank you for your YES vote!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Q Photo,

Thank you for your YES vote!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

December 9,

Thank you for your support for the BANNED!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We gotta keep the faith.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopper,

I urge you to reconsider your position.

Tyranny is unacceptable, on Adobe's forums or Moonpie's, or any other.

The BANNED deserve support from all who see what happened.

Paz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

_Paz_ wrote:

Hopper,

I urge you to reconsider your position.

Tyranny is unacceptable, on Adobe's forums or Moonpie's, or any other.

The BANNED deserve support from all who see what happened.

Paz

It's been mentioned before, but I think it bears repeating....

What the banning-powers-that-be seem to forget is that these people whom they have banned (and insulted and otherwise mistreated) are software purchasing graphics arts professionals in many cases, who do have a say in what decisions are made on buying software, who will pass along their tales of being mistreated here to other people who buy software. If the banning-powers-that-be think that Adobe is able to absorb the ill-will that has been generated..... well..... I do hope that they shall find out otherwise.

(*Sorry to hear that you have been having troubles with your health (again) recently Paz; I imagine the stuff here seems pretty minor in comparison, but your determination to try to get something changed is admirable.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice try, but I've already tried making such a request and remember getting a fairly blunt "was considered, but not gonna happen" type of response.  And yes, I think I had even mentioned the bit about how customers here (probably many ) often have control or influence over multi-license corporate or large organization purchases, but no good.

Seems like a big risk to possibly lose thousands or tens of thousands of dollars in software profits if you happen to ban and offend the wrong person, especially for the sake of preventing some forum posts, but apparently it's a risk Adobe is willing to take.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like a big risk to possibly lose thousands or tens of thousands of dollars in software profits if you happen to ban and offend the wrong person, especially for the sake of preventing some forum posts, but apparently it's a risk Adobe is willing to take.

I agree that it does seem like a big risk, & the fact that Adobe is apparently willing to take it implies (to me) that there seem to be a fair number of incompetent people making decisions at Adobe these days. One hopes that incompetent people will recieve what is due to them, but, alas, the world is not a fair place. We'll see if any of our friendly forum hosts are affected by the next 10% jub cuts.

(And I, too, did not really expect that any sort of Holidays Amnesty would be granted by the banning-powers-that-be.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kami Bambiraptor wrote:

One hopes that incompetent people will recieve what is due to them, but, alas, the world is not a fair place. We'll see if any of our friendly forum hosts are affected by the next 10% jub cuts.

(And I, too, did not really expect that any sort of Holidays Amnesty would be granted by the banning-powers-that-be.)

It's not a fair world, but it's a fair enough world that the free market still hasn't been completely destroyed by the government yet, and you just described one "free market solution" to the problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 05, 2010 Jan 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Banned people should be kept away from these forums at all costs!

(reverse psychology attempt because nothing else is working.)

Note: "

Adobe Forums

Adobe Forums provide an interactive online environment for vibrant discussion of Adobe products and related topics, "

What happens when there is no one here to discuss?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 05, 2010 Jan 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ansury wrote:

Seems like a big risk to possibly lose thousands or tens of thousands of dollars in software profits... it's a risk Adobe is willing to take.

Isn't this the same tact that Quark tried. Look where it landed them.

(picture of big green dumpster)

I remember calling technical support at Quark during their last days and, surprise, a real human answered the phone. Turned out she was a worker in the shipping department and warehouse that was also taking technical support calls. I wished her a good day and went out and bought InDesign.

I guess, all giants, like Rome, must come full circle eventually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 06, 2010 Jan 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What/who is "Quark"? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Younger people would not know.

It happened before your time.

This is why history is set to repeat itself. No one remembers the lessons learned from the past.

Ixnay noay ixonNay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saskatchewanobie wrote:

Younger people would not know.

It happened before your time.

This is why history is set to repeat itself. No one remembers the lessons learned from the past.

Ixnay noay ixonNay

I remember the "Quark Has a Toilet Seat for Their Logo - And Steals it To Boot" thread (or some title much like that).

Ah, good times!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ansury

I have no idea what happened, but I think they are referring to Quark Express?

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He is the Pherengeh on StarTrek DeepSpace9 that runs the Cafateria/Bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines