• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How many Times a Day do I Have to Sign In?

Engaged ,
Dec 11, 2013 Dec 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Title says it all. Of what use is the remember Me check box if it utter ignores the fact I have signed in already today 1/2 doz times or more?

What is the matter with Forum Operations? Are you trying to drive away users?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 142 Replies 142
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2014 Jan 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sandee,

Same here today.

I believe this is something that occurs when some kind of change has been made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jacob – right. It seems all's back to "normal".

Just signed out and signed in again. This time without "Terms of Use"-accept message…

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob Bugge wrote:

Sandee,

Same here today.

I believe this is something that occurs when some kind of change has been made.

Jacob, as far as I can remember, this is the first time I have ever had to sign an agreement for getting into the forums, and there have been many changes (very few of them for the better).

Before the end of the "fair forums", I posted several times my view that the login processes to the forums and to the Adobe site should be kept completely separate. Unfortunately, nonbody paid any attention (not even other participants) and, more uinfortunately, we are now paying the consequences. And the login to the forums bug seems to be getting worse all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

When I posted I thought that I had seen it before, in connexion with or after the Sign in issue started, so I assumed it might be something related to a specific kind of resetting or something.

But I am unsure, when no one else has any recollection of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like we are seeing it now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

Just got MY agreement policy today. Hope that it will not now be part of the requirement for signing-in, everytime, but if so, will learn to just deal with it.

Curiouser and curioser...

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto here with sign in AND having to agree to terms of use... I don't know what is happening behind the scenes, but it appears that SOMETHING has changed

Still wait and see if the change is for the better or not

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sign-in crap is a gumption destroyer. It has converted me into a lurker for the overall participation in any of the forums. Especially if I can offer help. (Particularly if I can offer help!) Why? Beacuse I will most likely start an interaction, sometimes over a period of several days. I get e-mail notifications where I post so I see responses to my posts. I go there, have to sign in and there's the gumption factor.

It's easier just not getting involved.

I am here as a desperate attempt to push the envelope here so I don't have to do that elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning I got sandie's description sign. But I had to let once I sifnd the TOS agrrement the little winder thing and waited for two minutes. Then hit reload Tried in all my Browsers so not an issue with browsers its the sever that serves my location. You have give it a kickstart by hitting reload.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallelujah! For now as a Test I shut down SeaMonkey and reopened, it usually kills the sign in and have to restart. This time It stayed signed in. Miricales can happen for a few secods anyway.

If this stays- Please,please,please, keep your %$^& hands off it. Don't even look at it sideways. Don't try to improve it. Because every time you do it takes you a year to figure out what was screwed up.

I'm crossing everything I can cross on my body, hope that this sticks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I also checked various forums like The Cloud or PS and I am signed in there as well.

No mea culpa's from anyone at Adobe. That's different. Oh, well....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have to click on the Sign In button after closing my browser...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. Same here. Yet, when I tested it 5 hours ago, I didn't hafta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

I find I have to log in, but not sign in after closing browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curt Y wrote:

Claudio González wrote:

I find I have to log in, but not sign in after closing browser.

Curt, I'm not very clear about your statement. P?lease see my message #43 above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Log in is when you click on the sign in button in upper right corner.  Then Adobe screen and in few seconds you are automatically logged in.

Sign in is when you also have to supply name and password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2014 Jan 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. The difference was (and still is) much too subtle for my limited knowledge of the English language. Even more so because both processes begin with clicking on the Sign In button.

Using these names, which I will try to remember, I agree: today i "just" had to log in; there was no need to sign in. In any case, a completely useless waste of time that wasn't there some weeks ago...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the newly clarified nomenclature, today I had to just click the sign in link. The page then reloaded with the reply capability active.

As Claudio says, this is an improvement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I knew Iwas two good to be true back to the same ole,same ole this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shut off my computer last night as usual.  THis morning believe it or not I DID NOT HAVE TO LOG IN!! 

When I clicked on my bookmark it loaded site ready to go.  Something changed last night as this is the first time that has happened since they "imporoved" the site some 4? months ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Second time I had to Sign in today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Third time. This time I removed all Cookies.

Still had the stutter for signing in where the little winder thing kept runing had to hit reload for it to go to the next page before actully being signed in. I might do it again and  use my video capture Program to show the stutter.

What that command to use again to show the Server that is serving You I'll almost bet a nickel that server need to be replaced.

Okay here is the movie: http://goo.gl/yBw2BP

This is the exact time I took before I couldn't stand it any more.

What should happen is after clicking on Login, it should not take more than a nano second for it switch to the actual link to switch to signed in.

That server is Toast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 13, 2014 Jan 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@$%%$# sign in has reverted! I had to do a full sign-in.

@!#%%$#%!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 14, 2014 Jan 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine hasn't changed from yesterday so far.

By the way has that adminstrator fellow John, has he looked at my movie showing what happens on first sign in. I can remove cookies and repeat over and over, and over.  so it not a fluke of my system. And I've tried several other Browsers all have the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 14, 2014 Jan 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me the sign in is no longer needed.  It is back to the way it was 6 months ago.

I turn my computer on in morning, click on Forum bookmark, and it takes me there ready respond to questions.  Finally!

Has worked this way the last 3 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines