• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create a new topic

Explorer ,
May 03, 2014 May 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excuse me for dropping in here, but how do you create a new topic in this forum? I finally found I can open a page for a new thread by clicking on the pencil symbol in the top-right corner, but the site won't allow me to post my question. It just gives me a message saying "You are not allowed to create or update this content." What the hell?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glitcher,

It is in the Actions dropdown, to the far right in the dark grey bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uh... no, it isn't. When I click on "Action", the drop down menu only shows "More" (greyed out) and RSS feeds. No new topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glitcher,

That is strange: it works for me, and I see none of the other (non) options you mention.

And the large waste of space to the left has Start a Discussion as the only thing at the top (I have overlooked it until now because of my choosing to ignore the waste of space).

Edit: Have you ticked the Content tab (and the Discussion tab, and preferably the Detail tab to get to the list of threads?

In that view there is the waste of space with Start a Discussion.

Looking into the Overview, I can see that the one to the top left works the same way (for me).

And I can see that they have the Ask a Question code for Search there; wondered where that had gone.

And the Top Participants.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see "Start a Discussion" anywhere on the forum page. The only tabs on the same bar as the Actions button are Overview, Content, People and Sub-communities. None of these allow me to post a new topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glitcher,

When you click Content, and then Discussions, and then the Details button to the far right (shown as Chi'en/Qián or Heaven trigram, or maybe just three lines), you are as close to the ususal Discussion page of the former forum version.

And then you should have Actions to the left with Start a discussion as a straightforward first choice (in a very, very, very long column).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see none of what you describe. Here, take a look at this screenshot and see for yourself.

flashforum.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glitcher,

That is serious. It should be in the top part of that white waste of space to the left.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have something like this?

2014-05-03_2348.png

Perhaps try to clear the browser cache and start again.  the old coockie might still be on your machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No luck. I tried clearing my cache of cookies for the entire Adobe site and signing in again, but I still can't post a new topic. I don't know what else to try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you click on the Pencil icon, don't you get a Create Discussion item on the drop-down menu?

flashforum.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2014 May 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, it finally worked! Last time I tried that, I got some sort of error message saying I'm not allowed to post a topic. I guess it was fixed after I cleared my cookies. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines