• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm getting email notifications of every thread I browse

Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2009 Apr 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I have notifications turned off in my preferences. Since it's my main work email address that it's getting sent to, my coworkers are starting to get annoyed. Any suggestions? I would lke to turn it off and never get another email notification ever again. Barring that, only notifications about threads that I've posted in would be minimally acceptable.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Apr 21, 2009 Apr 21, 2009

It's a multi-step process, Joel.

First you need to set the two radio buttons in your forum preferences:

AdobeForums-prefs.jpg

AdobeJive-Prefs.jpg

That will prevent you from inadvertently subscribing to new threads.  However, that won't affect any threads that are already bombarding you with emails.

Therefore, you need to go back to Your Stuff but this time go to > Mailing Lists and unsubscribe to any lists that may be showing up there.

Finally, if you still get emails from isolated threads, visit each one of those threads and, in the ACTION

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you also need to go into "your stuff" mailing  lists and email notifications and delete the subscribed things from htere

this faq might help.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416417?tstart=0

so stupid to make mail bombing the system default! good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, both of those are marked "no."

Yesterday, I clicked "Send email notifications" in one thread. I receieved one email, I went back to that thread, and clicked it off.

It's not even messages I've posted in, it's just the ones I've looked at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not getting email updates about this thread, so something must be working correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cool beans!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One possible fix I've found for this issue, if anyone else has experienced it: post a thread about it. No new notifications have arrived in my inbox since I started complaining about notifications. This leads me to conclude that either:

1. I need to post more.

or

2. Adobe forums gnomes are constantly whacking F5, and fixing broken broken forums stuff as soon as someone posts about it.

Thoughts? I'm going with #1 for right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, maybe not. They started arriving again as soon as I posted that last message. Any suggestions out there at all? Cookie deletion, perhaps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to go to every thread you have visited and turn off the email notification for that thread.

I know these Jive forums are retarded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Say it ain't so.

Actually, when I go to those threads, email notifications are already off. I've tried turning it on and off again, in the same way I'd mash a sticky button. We'll see if that works. Barring that, the only things I can think of involve changing my email address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a multi-step process, Joel.

First you need to set the two radio buttons in your forum preferences:

AdobeForums-prefs.jpg

AdobeJive-Prefs.jpg

That will prevent you from inadvertently subscribing to new threads.  However, that won't affect any threads that are already bombarding you with emails.

Therefore, you need to go back to Your Stuff but this time go to > Mailing Lists and unsubscribe to any lists that may be showing up there.

Finally, if you still get emails from isolated threads, visit each one of those threads and, in the ACTIONS box on the right-hand side of the page, click on Stop email notifications.  (If you see "Receive email notifications", don't click on it!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very close, Ramón, many thanks. It turns out that every single level of the bread-crumb trail can be "watched." I somehow had notifications turned on one level up from the actual forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines