Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with new forums

Apr 05, 2009 Apr 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Things are a bit slow to download/render.  I hope that will be fixed as the new servers are replicated/tuned/whatever.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see a few people gripinig that the avatars aren't being instantly approved for them.

Give it some time folks - the new forums just got started.

And remember that the avatar approval process is manual - someone has to look over the images and approve them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default font size in posts is way too small.  WAAAY too small.  And there doesn't seem to be any way to adjust it as a practical matter.  If someone posts at 10 points in this software, it comes out much less than 10/72 inch.  And there is no excuse for allowing posts to be at 8 points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does it mean that the question is "possibly answered"?  That people have issues?  This item isn't a question, it's a place to collect issues.  There are no answers, and probably will be no fixes for many of the issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you make a thread you have the option to make it a question in which case you as the OP get to award points to people. If you don't want to see those yellow buttons then i suggest that you deselect that option as it's on by default(it's just beneath the thread name)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be possible to have my name display as "Michael D Sullivan" which is my chosen "screen name" here and was also my user name on the old forum?  The screen name displays properly up top, where my avatar is greeted, "Welcome, Michael D Sullivan", but in the forum postings my middle initial is omitted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael D Sullivan wrote:

Would it be possible to have my name display as "Michael D Sullivan" which is my chosen "screen name" here and was also my user name on the old forum?  The screen name displays properly up top, where my avatar is greeted, "Welcome, Michael D Sullivan", but in the forum postings my middle initial is omitted.

You can add your initial without affecting your account in other ways by clicking the account link at the top of the page. Just add it to the first name field.

If people what their comments seen, and more likely answered, the main comments section that the forum staff and developers are watching is at http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 09, 2009 Apr 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, I know.  I've already said this.

Making the font larger to suit ones needs is sometimes necessary.  The real problem is the fact that the width of the posting area is fixed.

Solution:  Let the USER decide the width which is appropriate, even if that means adjusting the width of the browser window.  In other words, give the us more control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 10, 2009 Apr 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DorothyK@Adobe wrote:

You can add your initial without affecting your account in other ways by clicking the account link at the top of the page. Just add it to the first name field.

That worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about all the other issues ? Do you guys have a list ? What is it ? Is it ordered ? How long till email is unborked ? Or has the right headers ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not on the forums team - I'm a user of the forums just like you are.

I just want a record of the problems I see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, the forums seem to be getting a little slower every day.

Not sure if that's something with the number of posts, number of users, or some other issue.

Also, typing a reply in private messages is abysmally slow - for some reason it takes seconds to display what I just typed (and I'm even typing slower than normal for it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is an example of why we need to be able to adjust the posting area width.  When a user needs to use a larger font the text gets to look pretty weird in this extreme example.  Now imagine what these comments look like in the threaded view of a discussion which is 20 posts deep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to make a new request... I'd like to be able to change the view from flat to threaded on the fly, without having to reset preferences to do it.

I can't tell in the flat view who is responding to what in a lot of posts here, even when there is a "in response to" statement on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People need to learn how to use the options when posting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 12, 2009 Apr 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John...

Options? Where? All i see is a format bar...

JJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jhabrix wrote:

John...

Options? Where? All i see is a format bar...

JJ

In this case I meant the options as to whom you direct a response and whether you insert a quote to put the reply in context.

There are plenty of other options too, which people fail to grasp the purpose of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

John Joslin wrote:

In this case I meant the options as to whom you direct a response and whether you insert a quote to put the reply in context.

There are plenty of other options too, which people fail to grasp the purpose of.

Aah... i thought you were responding to changing view from 'Threaded' to 'Flat' on the fly. There doesn't seem to be an option for that...

Ta...

JJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is probably not the right place to ask a simple technical question... but I've just bought a new PC and need to download adobe reader.. But it will not download.

I.e. the download does not start... so I click on the 'if download does not start click here' and I get offered cancel or save the file.

I have saved the file loads of times but cannot see it anywhere on the PC..

I have windows vista and use Mozila

Can anyone help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Reader forum: http://forums.adobe.com/community/adobe_reader_forums/adobe_reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lesfleurs wrote:

I have saved the file loads of times but cannot see it anywhere on the PC..

Check your preferences to see what directory you have set as your default downloads folder,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines