• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

jumpy forum text

Advisor ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'Announcement ' banner at top of forum changes every 5 seconds ( cycles through 1 and 2 ), causing text in the forum to shift up and down every 5 seconds. I'm using Edge browser.

Please fix it so it stops jumping. 

suggestions:

a) stop it from auto cycle so a user can just click the arrows manually to cycle through ?

b) just put one announcement up there and if necessary put a different announcment in a separate post.

Do something please because I cannot use the forum with the text jumping every 5 seconds.

🙂

pic one and two as sample of jumping.... compare spaces with fingers or something and you'll see it does jump quite a bit for 'reading a forum'.  

PIC 1.jpg

PIC 2.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Hey guys, sorry for missing this post. I’ve merged the newer ones onto this one. 
I had a chat with our engineers about this. The culprit of this issue is the 60 character limit for announcements, whereas the limit for subjects, in general, is longer than that.
I’ve spent some time checking ALL the boards within the community and editing the subject lines when necessary so they’d be within the limit. Confirmed the text wasn’t jumping up and down anymore after these edits.

If you spot any other boa

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Salvo,

Does it happen on other browsers too? I'm not seeing the issue.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, thanks a ton. Your question produced answer.. (explanation ).

Opened Chrome and it didnt happen... but text size of browser too small for me to read good on laptop, so I increased text ( font size of brower ) by 'zoom' control to 150% and then chrome text also jumps...it's the wrap around feature of the announcment banner auto swap ( between announcment 1 and 2 ).

So, it turns out that at age 70 and font up to 150% on edge and chrome, the forum jumps.

Thanks for exlaining what it going on Kev ...

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was sorta hoping this post would be in the ppro forum, cause that's the one that has the 2 announcment banners at the top of the forum header....

But whatever....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happens on every forum that has the Announcement sectionwith multiple entries. Depends on screen size and amount of text in the Announcement banner. My broswer, Chrome, open on the smaller of my 2 monitors, and old Dell 18" LCD, and I see it always. Doesn't bother me as I am either clicking on threads or going to another forum to check posts. You manually stop it by opening an announcement, Show Details.

As for this post bneing on the Premiere Pro forum, I take it that is what you meant by "on the ppro forum" it was originally posted, or at least the notification I got of it, on the Community Help forum and was moved to the Community Feedback forum. It really is feedback on the forum system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been driving me batty too, and I've been meaning to post.  It happens on my Chrome / Mac OS 10.14.6 with default zoom. The text jumps when the Announcement changes to two lines after 8 seconds and then changes back to one line after 4 seconds. Here's a screen recording:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7e7l12sfhy5mdnd/jumpy-forum-listing.2020.02.05.mov?dl=0

Par for the course.

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you everyone for posting replies and explanations.

And guess what ? I just went to PPro forum and IT'S FIXED !!!!!!!  IT'S GONE ( JUMPING BANNER ANNOUNCEMENT THING ).  YIPPEEEE !

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening today (in PR). As noted, it is function of screensize/wrapping of announcements.

Stan 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will happen in every forum that has multiple announcements that one, or more, uses more than One Line of text.

Just another problem with this whole plateform. IMHO it is something that will never be fixed. Or take YEARS to correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is very unfortunate for Adobe to have an opportunity to put it's best foot forward, giving customers and potential customers a 'BRAND' Image that exemplifies it's integrity and professionalism... by doing something so fundamentally STUPID and the exact opposite 'impression' it should be giving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. But this all started with whoever chose this bad platform for their One and Only Support, Help, system.

It still boggles my mind why this system was even considered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fine but if there is more then one make then the same length as in the amount of characters used.

This will prevent the page from jumping up and down.

Will somebody please fix the Premiere forum on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann I am merging your post, and this reply with the Jumping forum text conversation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont want it merged. I want it to be noticed.!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've reported this issue back in December in a private forum that Adobe employees are supposedly monitoring. Nothing was done about it since then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing was done about it since then.

Like so many things.

This forum is getting more and more annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really dislike suggesting what I'm about to suggest, because it does not hold Adobe accountable.  But, here goes..

Use FireFox, install the uBlock Origin plugin, and block the element (div or whatever) for that announcement.  It's usually useless information that is placed, there, so you're not going to miss anything important.  Besides, it's just a 'pinned' thread that you'll still see when it's first placed in the forum, so if there _IS_ anything important, you'll still see it.

HTH,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fine but if there is more then one make then the same length as in the amount of characters used.

This will prevent the page from jumping up and down.

Will somebody please fix the Premiere forum on this.

afbeelding.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reported 3 months ago in the Back Room... as he said in another message, nobody is listening

https://community.adobe.com/t5/back-room/bug-incredibly-annoying-quot-annoucements-quot-feature/td-p...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, sorry for missing this post. I’ve merged the newer ones onto this one. 
I had a chat with our engineers about this. The culprit of this issue is the 60 character limit for announcements, whereas the limit for subjects, in general, is longer than that.
I’ve spent some time checking ALL the boards within the community and editing the subject lines when necessary so they’d be within the limit. Confirmed the text wasn’t jumping up and down anymore after these edits.

If you spot any other board jumping up and down for this same reason, please let me know here and I’ll take a look.
Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of now, in Premier Pro forum, my text still jumps up and down. It appears one font size is larger than the other announcement size... I will try to put in the samples of screenshots. I'm using edge browser at 150%. I can't READ anything smaller and even with reading glasses it's difficult to read smaller than 150%.

The solution is to just get rid of having more than ONE announcement, IMO.

Thanks 

ANNOUNCEMENT 1.jpg

ANNOUNCEMENT 2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've shared this with our engineers. They mention that, unfortunately, the design has resolution at 100% in mind. If made bigger, it could cause the behavior to repeat again because of the spacing and the character limit, as you shared.
I'm quoting them here: "You can consider this as an enhancement for now. We will see what can be done here."
Sorry that I can't be of more help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lightroom Classic forum still has jumpy text at normal Mac screen resolution.  Two of the four announcements are too long, with more than 60 chars:

72: UPDATE: Adobe Enables Distance Learning for Schools Impacted by COVID-19
39: Lightroom Classic 9.2 is now available!
77: Upcoming changes to video playback support for Lightroom Classic on Windows 7
51: Avoid Phishing: 3 Easy Ways to Identify Adobe Staff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks johnrellis, I've changed them now 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I've shared this with our engineers. They mention that, unfortunately, the design has resolution at 100% in mind. If made bigger, it could cause the behavior to repeat again because of the spacing and the character limit, as you shared. I'm quoting them here: "You can consider this as an enhancement for now. We will see what can be done here.""

A trivial fix is to turn off the automatic cycling of these announcements until/if something better is devised. What's more important: the readability and comfort of the forum participants or Adobe's need to push marketing messages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines