Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Just in case...

Oct 01, 2009 Oct 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in case anyone from Adobe thinks these forums are getting better, are more accepted now that all the knowledgeable regulars have been driven off and the community that existed has been destroyed. This Forum still su

cks, its slow ugly and a huge space waster. The dialog in the forums has turned into a bunch of lazy people who can't be bothered to read the manual. All discussion about anything technical or advanced just doesn't exist. thanks Adobe.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 206 Replies 206
Oct 05, 2009 Oct 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it disturbs you, you should each follow this person's own advice and ignore his ramblings and unconvincing bonhomie.

I have been doing so for some time and it makes life much sweeter. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 06, 2009 Oct 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shunithD wrote:

Captiv8r wrote:

You aren't finding it because it's not RoboCop. It's RoboWizard.

That's what Phillip said... it was a joke.... meaning Phillip was joking about the existence / non-existence of Robocop...

That and the fact that I accidentally called him RoboCop in a thread he was participating under the RoboWizard Prosona a while back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 03, 2009 Oct 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

I'm afraid you're being wilfully dim. Distort the statement how you like, it's perfectly clear except to someone who is determined to make it ambiguous. No-one else had the slightest difficulty understanding what was meant.

Hello? You've lost me.... where am i being dim or distorting a statement?

Edited by shunithD: OK... i see that for some reason when you reply, you're reply is not going to the person you intend it for. One came to me and one to Ann.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - I use flat view, not threaded, and just tack my replies on the end. I thought it was obvious who was deliberately 'misunderstanding'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captiv8r wrote:

Get rid of moderators such as you?

Please tell us what you meant.

Was it:

A: Get rid of all moderators?

Jochem is one of many new moderators here in the forums. You may not like moderation and prefer the forums to be unmoderated. So you may be saying that you don't wish to see ANY moderators, of which Jochem is but one.

B: Get rid of only Jochem?

You and others may dislike his style, so you prefer that Jochem be removed from moderation capabilities.

C: Get rid of only moderators that practice certain styles of moderation?

I don't believe this! Khaziranga has spelled out the fact his statement was aimed at a particular individual in reply to a particular query! And you're still running around in circles trying out various 'interpretations' as you call it and permutations and combinations!!! Get a life and grow up dude! He's made his statement clear in several posts and you're still trying to flog your dead horse!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captiv8r wrote:

Jochem, the way I interpreted the post from Khazi, the suggestion was to eliminate forums moderation completely.

He Dude....

Stop putting words in my mouth. I never suggested anything of the kind...

I don't believe that's likely to happen or should really even be considered, but that's how I interpreted it.

The problem is with your interpretation.... do you not understand simple English? Since when does, "Get rid of moderators such as you?", equate with "...eliminate forums moderation completely."?

So please stop twisting things and inferring statements to me that i did not make. As an Adobe Community Expert you should be ashamed of yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

So who should moderate here? Can you give me some usernames?

Well, if we dump the crappy software and go back to what we had, I'm pretty sure all the good hosts will come back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

he's saying "don't be a d*ck."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This double identity mystery is more puzzling then the X-files. Some posters smell conspiracy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to recall the double identity is due to two different forums that he participated in/moderated(?).  I think they merged and both names were known, so he kept them both.

I could have this all wrong though ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hopper

Indeed you are correct. But given all the hatred toward Jive, I was hesitant to mention it. As I'm already labeled a troublemaker because I choose to express my own views here, I didn't wish to stir the pot more than it has been.

The FuseTalk forums didn't allow funneling more than a single product forum to a single E-Mail address. This meant that if perhaps you wished to receive E-Mail from DreamWeaver, Flash, Captivate and RoboHelp forums, you needed four E-Mail addresses. That's why to me, Jive improved things by allowing a single address to receive from several forums.

The reply comes from the identity I'm logged in as. So however I log in first is usually the way I remain logged in and reply. Until I'm forced to log back in again.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can understand your historical reasons for having more than one account, but I I fail to understand why you continue using them both now that history has changed. Again, I would not consider it in the least right to continue using my second screen name, and so I don't; but you do, and in your endless sermons you are not exactly hiding the fact that you are a moderator, although you may not be acting as such in this particular forum. However, we are now coming here into the complicated ground of personal values, and by now it's patently clear that yours are completely different from mine. I don't put words in other people's mouths, I don't deliberately distort what others say, I recognize when I'm proven wrong, and even apologize for my mistakes. So it would seem that any further discussion of this isn't going to take us anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now convinced that this multi-faceted Captiv8r character comes here merely to stir-up trouble in a misguided attempt to support the insufferable cadre of  so called "Community Experts" and self-appointed "Moderators".

This abomination stems from the old, and heartily scorned, Macromedia Forums and, in my opinion we have neither the need nor the desire for the input of ANY of them in this Forum — especially when they do not even have the integrity to post under their own names and then compound the iniquity by using multiple false names in addition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 06, 2009 Oct 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you guys are making a mountain out of a molehill.

Why do you care what Rick calls himself, and how many user accounts he

uses? He does not exactly keep it a secret who he is or that both

users are one and the same. His avatar is the same, and if anyone

bothers to click on his profile, they both have his picture and full

contact info. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that both

users are one and the same.

If points is a judge for anything (which is debatable!) , Rick is

obviously a helpful guy because his combined point status puts him #5

in all the forums.

Harbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, indeed those that are predisposed to smell conspiracy will seldom be convinced otherwise.

Personally, I blame things on sunspots!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 08, 2009 Oct 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meanwhile, back at the ranch..........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 09, 2009 Oct 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a post where either Curt W or someone else said his avatar was a locomotive before he donned the tuxedo... is that the same as 'curt y'?

SD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curt y has the little puffer train.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curt y has the little puffer train.

My mistake! I was wrong!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fr. Watson wrote:

My mistake! I was wrong!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it just my wrong impression, or is it only users that apologize for their mistakes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 10, 2009 Oct 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

Is it just my wrong impression, or is it only users that apologize for their mistakes?

Symptomatic?

I notice that a certain individual who twisted a certain post through his 'interpretations' has not only not apologised but for quite a while persisted with that misinformation and misinterpretation  despite the OP having corrected him several times... Needless to say, the misinterpreter was a 'Community Expert'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do know that I have apologized ...

Message was edited by: greenjumpyone forgot to add the Verdana font  then I forgot to add the edited thingy...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

greenjumpyone wrote:

I do know that I have apologized ...

Message was edited by: greenjumpyone forgot to add the Verdana font  then I forgot to add the edited thingy...

No, to the best of my knowledge, you didn't have anything to apologize for in this thread. But Frater had, and he did apologize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

No, to the best of my knowledge, you didn't have anything to apologize for in this thread. But Frater had, and he did apologize.

Right, Frater apologised for attributing the wrong avatar to Wrigley... That was a minor case of mistaken identity based on similar first names... the Twister and Misinterpreter has still not aplogised... Which tends to underscore your original satement / observation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines