• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Let's not fight

Jun 25, 2009 Jun 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JUST MY OPINION:

It seems as if people here are becoming a bit touchy over little things.  To some degree, that has always been true, but now appears much more so.  I notice it from people that were NEVER quick tempered in the past.

We now argue over where an apostrophe should be placed, misspellings, and one thing after another.  Little things that aren't worth getting upset over.  Things that, formerly, would be ignored.  Or, at best, a simple "There, fixed that for you" is all that is needed.

I think it is due to the hassle that the new, improved forums have caused.  Very few of us are really happy with the changes.  Some, such as points, are just useless.  Others, such as getting logged out, get on our nerves, and rightfully so.  It defeats the reason for these forums.  Communication is why we come here and when we can't communicate, in a timely fashion, we get angry.  That's justified.

But please, we should attempt to be courteous to one another.  Yes, even when we disagree.  If someone posts incorrect information it is fair to point out where they are misinformed.   It's the right thing to do, no question.  But try to be a little considerate of that persons thoughts.

Let's not attack one another just because these "improved forums" are not only NOT improved, but not anywhere near as efficient as the old forums were.

Please and Thank You,

Q     

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

"A customer is the most important visitor on our premises.
He is not dependent on us. 
We are dependent on him.
He is not an interruption in our work - he is the purpose of it.
We are not doing him a favour by serving him. 
He is doing us a favour by giving us the opportunity to serve him."

Gandhi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"A customer is the most important visitor on our premises.
He is not dependent on us. 
We are dependent on him.
He is not an interruption in our work - he is the purpose of it.
We are not doing him a favour by serving him. 
He is doing us a favour by giving us the opportunity to serve him."

Gandhi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well said, I couldn't agree more

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh bite me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"we should attempt to be courteous to one another"

What kind of rule is that? Another attempt to change these forums.

Here graffiti, I'm going to bite you with the new 2010 Caterpillar Excavator steel bucket claw tooth attachment.

This will hurt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saskatchewanobie wrote:

This will hurt.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's a My Baaaaaaaaaaaad

Thing.

You do realize that this thread is being replicated in all forum areas don't you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know personally, but someone with experience once told me the worst "bite me" there is... is a nursing child who has a new, sharp tooth coming in

Makes me cringe just to remember when she told me that little bit of information

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~graffiti,

Well, excuuuuusse meee....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6 posts and the forum posts are back to normal. I was getting worried.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 26, 2009 Jun 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dec9,

"6 posts and the forum posts are back to normal. I was getting worried."

It's a bit ironic because I think this is pretty much how the forums were in the past.

~graffiti told me to bite him.  I'm not offended for two reasons.  First, I'm familiar with his name and I believe him to be a reasonable person due to his many posts in the old forums.  (It helps when poster can use the name he/she has had for years).  Second, he included a winking smiley.

I replied "Well, excuse me" with a goofy smiley. I'm not offended and I don't think he is.  It's just taking jabs at one another.  No harm intended.  I'm pretty sure you are aware of all this, dec9.  I'm just trying to make myself understood.

I've stated numerous times that I'm concerned about Dave Milbut and his mental state.  Something just isn't right with that boy, I feel for his family.  And I informed all here that John Joslin broke up the Beatles.  Are either offended?  I rather doubt it.

And again, I honestly believe that a bit of the hostility is brought about due to the poor implementation of the new forums.  It is aggravating.

And I realize I'm most likely making too big of a deal of all this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm concerned about Dave Milbut and his mental state. 

o_O

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Q!

Hi dave!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The attack mode goes into high gear once in a while but is mild in contrast to other forums.

The old forums were simple thus better.

New is not always improved thus driving posters away because they just don't want to deal with it. For many it was like being forced to move out of a house that has been a nice comfee home for many years.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This house doesn't have any bathrooms.

Or running water.

Or electricity.

Or furniture.

Or food.

Or appliances.

Other than that it is pretty cool, oh yeah, no heat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a bunch of squatters doing yoga.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a tag line I use in my signature file for regular emails goes: "If its fixed, Don't Break it!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sans apostrophe, naturally

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course used as a contraction

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some people change things to make it look like they are accomplishing something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 03, 2009 Jul 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy 4th Everybody!

And remember... We wouldn't have the 4th of July to celebrate if we hadn't fought for it.

Peace,

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 03, 2009 Jul 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Saskatchewanobie wrote:

Happy 4th Everybody!

And remember... We wouldn't have the 4th of July to celebrate if we hadn't fought for it.

Peace,

Ken

Amen Brother!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Q Photo wrote:

But try to be a little considerate of that persons thoughts.

... person's ...

Q Photo wrote:

"There, fixed that for you"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat Willener,

Thank you for correcting me.  Truth be told, my spelling is pretty bad.  I always type in Word, using spell check, then copy and paste here.  I'll try to do better but can't promise anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines