• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Logging out problem revisited...

Enthusiast ,
Oct 14, 2009 Oct 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a link to a poster / user who's obviously been at the receiving end of the auomatic logging out syndrome of the new forums:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2116748#2116748

I dare say, the problem would be more highlighted if people knew where to comment about it. I suspect most users suffer it...or just wander away after a while of frustration.

Anyway...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shunithD wrote on 10/14/2009 11:41 AM:

I dare say, the problem would be more highlighted if people knew where to comment about it.

The fix for that problem is on the QA server being tested. What purpose

would more highlighting of the problem serve to make that go any faster?

We don't need more people repeating the same well known problems over

and over again. What we need is more people who are willing to actually

investigate the problems and report back with the information we ask for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

We don't need more people repeating the same well known problems over and over again.

You are going to get that however much you protest!

What we need is more people who are willing to actually investigate the problems and report back with the information we ask for.

You still don't get it! Since adobe relies on the forums to supplement their "Technical Support" service, it is their responsibility to provide forums that work for the users. It is not the responsibility of the users. And if the users don't have a good experience on the forums they will go away.

This is being demonstrated all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since adobe relies on the forums to supplement their "Technical

Support" service, it is their responsibility to provide forums

that work for the users. It is not the responsibility of the users.

Absolutely true. I don't think anyone is disputing that point. But, if

Adobe can't reproduce a problem on their end, there's no way for them

to diagnose it and fix it unless the users who are experiencing the

problem are willing to cooperate and do a little volunteer work.

Harbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harbs. wrote:

Absolutely true. I don't think anyone is disputing that point. But, if 

Adobe can't reproduce a problem on their end, there's no way for them 

to diagnose it and fix it unless the users who are experiencing the 

problem are willing to cooperate and do a little volunteer work.

The problem is very simple and has been stated numerous times... It is this arbitrary logging out. What more and how often more does that need to be stated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there would be somewhere where there was a list of know problems and their current status (i.e. unconfirmed, toFix, toDefer, etc.) it would do a lot for all of us around here. It would also let us know when more feedback might be helpful, and when not

People like to know that their issues are known about and hopefully being worked on, and definitely don't like being kept in the dark. If there would be some way to give feedback on an estimated date when issues might be fixed, that would be even better!

Harbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harbs. wrote on 10/14/2009 12:38 PM:

If there would be somewhere where there was a list of know problems and their current status (i.e. unconfirmed, toFix, toDefer, etc.) it would do a lot for all of us around here.

Jive is unwilling to open up their bugtracker. The people at Adobe

currently tasked with the forums don't have time to do this in addition

to all the other work. So the bottom line is that unless somebody here

is going to step forward, it is not going to happen.

Volunteers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

Harbs. wrote on 10/14/2009 12:38 PM:

If there would be somewhere where there was a list of know problems and their current status (i.e. unconfirmed, toFix, toDefer, etc.) it would do a lot for all of us around here.

Jive is unwilling to open up their bugtracker. The people at Adobe

currently tasked with the forums don't have time to do this in addition

to all the other work. So the bottom line is that unless somebody here

is going to step forward, it is not going to happen.

Volunteers?

i.e. The list is soooooo long, it would take massive amounts of time to compile and would actually impact the "fixing forum problems" schedule?  Wow.  That's just mind blowing..

Volunteers for... what I've been doing for the past few months in numerous "+1 Jive bug" threads?  Or for the many long threads about 'known' issues on this forum?

But seriously, I think the real problem with doing this is that we wouldn't know how to mark each item "to fix", "deferred", "don't give a rat's", etc.  And anyway... if we made a post for this, once someone replied to it we wouldn't be able to edit the list anymore thanks to ingenious Jiveware design rules!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the date on the post, it looks like he had the problem about 2

months ago...

Harbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 19, 2009 Oct 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This whole log in and log out is a kind of mess that doesn't seem to work....

I thought the purpose of the frequent log outs was so that your account on the Adobe product side (for want of a better term) didn't get abused as they were now using a common log in. Right?

So, yesterday i was trying to download a brush and shoot me down if i didn't have to log in all over again!

I mean, who's jivin' who?!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 20, 2009 Oct 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shunithD wrote:

I mean, who's jivin' who?!!!

I don't know who's doing the jiving around here other than Jive Software's snake oil salesmen, but wow.

So let me get this straight for myself so I understand correctly.  You tried to download something (which I assume) is not free or otherwise requires you be authenticated.  You were previously authenticated from having logged in a short time before you tried downloading this (whatever) - yet you had to login a second time anyway?  (I've never purchased a "brush" or whatever and didn't realize that something like that was even for sale...)  This is by the way, the way it SHOULD work, so again there's no reason to "link" these logins in the first place.

If this is true then there is absolutely no reason at all for the logins to be linked, and we've been getting jived by auto-logout all this time for absolutely no reason.  Sounds like a conspiracy to me!  This is jived up beyond belief.

What is the estimated date of deployment for the Jiveware/Adobe login problem fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ansury wrote:

So let me get this straight for myself so I understand correctly.  You tried to download something (which I assume) is not free or otherwise requires you be authenticated.

Nope it was free... so, all the more reason. Go figure...

What is the estimated date of deployment for the Jiveware/Adobe login problem fix?

I believe the answer to that is Never.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You also have to log in to download a free trial even though you are already logged in to the forums and at the top of the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 22, 2009 Oct 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

John Joslin wrote:

You also have to log in to download a free trial even though you are already logged in to the forums and at the top of the page.

Hilarious, now I do recall having to do that once.  What's going on with Adobe, are they trying to become Oracle now?  Will they also be collecting our mother's maiden name, blood type, and all the other relevant information for us to download a trial version of Acrobat?  All we need is a little more clutter, misdirection, and confusion on par with Sun Microsystems' site and they'll be right up there with the big boys!

Maybe then the government can bail us out of this Jive mess, perhaps that's the plan.  It just might work.

Adobe has (from my perspective) traditionally had a little more common sense than some of these big names, I hope Jiveware isn't a sign of "the age of common sense" coming to an end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines