• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Login every time again and again and again and again...

Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when is this going to get fixed. I wasn't even gone an hour and the actual login takes forever.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 16, 2009 Apr 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

looks like adobe.com was toast. i just got in after almost 2 hours of trying. i was getting nothing going to the coldfusion servers for login. nice.

Adobe.com was there but the forums were "down for scheduled maintenance"

God knows what PJ is rambling on about and does it matter – no it don't!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I use the same UserID on both, I was signed into both.

That's kind of the point - we all have to use the same login for both. Unfortunately the login/logout stuff isn't properly synchronised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

Because I use the same UserID on both, I was signed into both.

That's kind of the point - we all have to use the same login for both. Unfortunately the login/logout stuff isn't properly synchronised.

Maybe your comments will explain what I was talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

dave milbut wrote:

looks like adobe.com was toast. i just got in after almost 2 hours of trying. i was getting nothing going to the coldfusion servers for login. nice.

God knows what PJ is rambling on about and does it matter – no it don't!

I was rambling about the fact I wasn't able to sign in using the Login/Register Item in the tool bar along with New, your stuff, etc.

The only way I was able to get in was go to very top of screen and click account which signs you in to adobe.com, not adobe forums. When I signed in there I was signed in here. That is what I was Rambling about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I was able to get in was go to very top of screen and click account which signs you in to adobe.com, not adobe forums.

no, that was down. the main adobe.com site  was ALL down.

forums.adobe.com was up, but i couldn't log in anywhere. i could browse topics but i was unable to log in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope. they was just gone. nothing. nada. nil. an ex-web site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  noticed  that this moring I was sign out. Clicking on the Login/Register I received a notice that this area is out of service notice.  To get in I had to click on Account at top of Page which normally go to adobe.com where I can get info about my applications and purcahases. I could get to the sign in Page. Then I was able to sign. And Low and behold I was automatically signe in to forums. Because I use the same UserID on both, I was signed into both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

trying to use (login and post) was painful at best this morning. the login page was temporarily unavailable. I was logged out in the middle of posting an answer. and couldn't get back in for half an hour or more. This forum is pathetic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

by Buko wrote:

…This forum is pathetic.

Agreed.

Among the many other quirks, last night it logged me out just when I hit the post button on a largish, convoluted response.  Lost everything I had typed.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lost everything I had typed

that's happened to me several times since the switch. and i find myself writing less and less because of the fact that there's a good chance it won't get posted anyway...

it's sad how adobe is just tossing away such a great resource as these forums have been all these years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

it's sad how adobe is just tossing away such a great resource as these forums have been all these years.

Yeah, all to be stylish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's getting to the point that I hardly even post now.

Too hard to deal with the login/outs, sluggish speed, bad design.  All this from the industry standard in graphic arts software.

amazing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, he's a fine 'how do you do'. I remain logged in but I can't post

( this is by return email!) I click on reply or Start a Discussion and

I get an incomplete text dialogue box that wont let me type to it and

never fully loads, despite repeat reloads, etc.

Very frustrating! Just what is going on at Adobe that things are so

bad???

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very frustrating! Just what is going on at Adobe that things are so bad???

imo, they've gotten more interested in running a corporation than in helping customers and creating products that people actualy want to use.

last posted over a month ago, so just as a reminder:

"A customer is the most important visitor on our premises.
He is not dependent on us.
We are dependent on him.
He is not an interruption in our work - he is the purpose of it.
We are not doing him a favour by serving him.
He is doing us a favour by giving us the opportunity to serve him."

Ghandi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aaarrgh!

Hey, Adobe.  Stop giving me a lot of Jive and forcing me to log in again and again!  Really!  When is something as simple as this going to be fixed?

I hate to think how long it will take to come up with a decent user interface.

I'm starting to get the distinct impression that it doesn't matter one damn bit to the Adobe Powers That Be when it comes to the existence of these forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re: post 92

Don, I have a friend who has been dealing with the exact same issue.  It's been so frustrating for him, he has basically decided the forums aren't worth the time they are taking to use.

Adobe has lost another good guy due to this forum change. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, with a second restart of my browser, suddenly now I can post, Still logged it, too! http://www.dgrin.com/images/smilies/headscratch.gif

http://www.dgrin.com/images/smilies/ne_nau.gif

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 17, 2009 Apr 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

NUTS!

Logged in since late yesterday and all day today until an hour or two ago.

Now I had to log in again.

Why is this so difficult to fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines