• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not Happy

Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2013 May 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been a loyal Adobe user in both the workplace and individually since Pagemaker, Illustrator 88, and PS 1.

I will not participate in any cloud-based subscription service.

There are alternatives. Some are great alternatives and some are just okay. Pixelmator and Acorn are two prominant examples. Coda is a great web design app as is BBEdit. And with so many unhappy users in the marketplace there will be more. Even if they don't have all the bells and whistles, the truth is I don't NEED all the bells and whistles. I need reliable software that will run anywhere and can be updated when and if I want to.

Thanks for all the good years, Adobe, but the cloud is not for everyone; it is absolutely not for me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not the only one. I deal with companies who will not buy into subscription based software because it is not in their business model. They want to buy a full product and not have a lingering fee that has no end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. I'm done with it. I'll only work with printers who will support my Creative Suite files and look for alternatives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with you! No subscription service for me, and from what I've read on the NAPP forums, there are many others that feel the same way as I do! Maybe Adobe's stock will go in the toilet and they will rethink this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an appalling decision. The comments on CNET's coverage of the story are also almost universally negative. Hopefully, Adobe will get the message and reconsider this awful decision.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am with you folks... very unhappy about this and will not be joining any Adobe Cloud Services. Perhaps the Adobe Senior Executives should bear in mind that the 'CUSTOMER IS KING' and will walk if you piss them off!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me neither! Really disgusted and angry that Adobe have ditched a proper customer-centric approach to selling their software. This changes the customer-provider balance completely in favour of provider - deeply unpleasant way to do business.

I have been using Ps since Photoshop 3.0. Looks like I will also be looking to other solutions in future, such a shame as I have invested so much time in becoming proficient with Adobe products, I sincerely hope that customers evaporate quickly and force a re-think on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2013 May 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many users are not happy about this and I can be counted as one of them.  I just bought CS5 a little more than a year ago.  Had I known that Adobe was going to do this, I never would have purchased their software, I would have sought other alternatives.  In terms of corporate use of the cloud, think you're gonna see some corporate companies not moving beyond CS5 especially if they have to pay $50 a seat for the entire suite - it simply isn't cost effective and it would eat away their level of profits.  But you know what happens when you alienate your customer base ... you wake up one morning a much less profitable company.

See How Many Other Customers aren't happy about this and who have signed a petition:

Adobe Systems Incorporated: Eliminate the mandatory "creative cloud" subscription model.

https://www.change.org/petitions/adobe-systems-incorporated-eliminate-the-mandatory-creative-cloud-s...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2013 May 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like a pretty fairly done Web site.

Thanks for that link,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 18, 2013 May 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think as a short term stategy this is good for adobe in the markets, however in the long term it is a loser... Users wish to own or at least have the option to own. and there are so many negatives (or questionable things) to the rental model ...list is long... but you have already stated a few

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2013 May 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Writing here is not as much of an impact as sending Adobe a note via https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 19, 2013 May 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OR better yet on Facebook and Twitter where all the world can see their warts and see what kind of company they really are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines