• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Notifications - "Mark as Read" not sticking?

May 03, 2016 May 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got some notifications in my forum inbox that won't obey a "mark as read", especially this one that's just marked "notifications". Not a big deal and I'm happy to just leave the one notification sitting there, but I thought I'd mention it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 03, 2016 May 03, 2016

Known problem, reported to Jive... fix date unknown

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2016 May 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Known problem, reported to Jive... fix date unknown

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 11, 2016 May 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, I have that problem too. It's a minor irritation as I keep checking thinking it's something new.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2016 May 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jive is working on a fix, which right now means you won't see ANY notices in the "@ box" but if you click it, all the notices are still there

Hopefully, the next step of the fix will to make it so reading an inbox item will actually CLEAR the item from your inbox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2016 May 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallelujah!  My InBox is empty for the first time in weeks .

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2016 May 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update- Jive has identified a bug and has escalated it to be fixed.

In the meantime- it's intermittent based on how many items are in our queue. So, as a sort of workaround, we'll be turning off notifications overnight (North American time) to let the queue clear out a bit and then turn them back on in the AM.

How this will impact you: you will see the orange bubble ~8am-5pm PT, but not 5pm-8am PT. Time are estimates. This is until the bug gets resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 11, 2016 May 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a lot of issues with JIVE (even before the upgrade, but I'll not go there.)

I've mentioned a couple in this thread.  Doesn't look like anything will be fixed anytime soon.

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 12, 2016 May 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read message #17 in that thread. And there is no point in repeating the same complaints in different threads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Message #17 in my thread?  The one from Steve Sommers pointing out where the link for Start A Discussion is?  That's the 17th message in my thread.  Or were you referring to another thread?

If you are referring to my thread and repeating complaints:  some forums have a "I have this problem too" button.  I was chiming in.  I reserve the right to complain about a single issue in more than one forum.  Please note that I did not START more than one thread complaining about a single issue; I joined in the chorus of others who are complaining.

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Message #17 in "that" thread for which you gave a link:

17.jpg

And quite obviously we have different concepts on the meaning of that old-fashioned word "manners".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing the same problem and it is really starting to bother me as it is very distracting.

how is it possible to fix this issue? Anyone to contact about this as I would really like it to be sorted out as soon as possible

I find that the notifications usually disappear once you have commented on that notification but it is very irritating needing to do this just to get rid of the notification.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines