• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Odd Behavior with Multi-page Forums

LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2011 Nov 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have observed an odd behavior, when navigating multi-page forums.

As an example, I use the Premiere Elements Tips & Tricks sub-forum often, to link to helpful articles. It is, like most, a multi-page forum.

As the order of the articles will change, as new replies are added, I often need to navigate to multiple pages, to find the one that I need. My bookmark opens that forum onto Page 1, which is normal. I then scroll that page, looking for what I want. If it is not there, I will use either the Next, or the Page 2 buttons to move on. As I have scrolled to the bottom of Page 1, the Next (or Page 2) page will open at the bottom, rather than at the top, the first time that I do this. Pages 3, and above, will always open at the top. Also, if I go back to Page 2, it now opens at the top. I only see this, when going from Page 1, to Page 2, and then, only the first time. Odd, but no deal breaker, as I just manually scroll back to the top of Page 2, and then scroll down, looking for a particular article.

I am on Chrome and Win XP-Pro SP-3. I have not yet tried in IE 7 - my latest version.

Has anyone else experienced this little anomaly?

Hunt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 03, 2011 Nov 03, 2011

I can confirm that if I use the [Next >] button the page stays scrolled to the bottom.  Choosing [Next >] again took me to the top of the items, NOT the top of the page.

This is with Windows 7 x64 and IE9.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never seen any indication of who reads the comments, but this page may be a better place, since it says it is for comments about the site

http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/adobedotcom_feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John. I was unaware of that forum.

Learned something new, and at my age...

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that if I use the [Next >] button the page stays scrolled to the bottom.  Choosing [Next >] again took me to the top of the items, NOT the top of the page.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noel Carboni wrote:

-Noel

Exactly the same here in Firefox/Mac (latest versions). In Safari/Win 7, from page 3 onwards I am taken to the Forum Comments title line, not to the top of the page either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noel & Claudio,

Thank you both for the confirmation. I was a bit worried that it was either my browser, or my system, but you helped rule those out.

As I mentioned, it's not a big deal, just an oddity, and for me, only seems to happen when going from Page 1 to Page 2 (when I am on the bottom of Page 1), and then MY expected behavior returns, even if I have to go from Page 1 to Page 2 a second time.

Thank you - I feel better now.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed that with Jive. No one ever reported that before. But they can reproduce it.

This is the proper place for forum items.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe-admin,

Sorry, but I am out of "points... "

Thank you for the input. I just found it slightly odd behavior, and all that it means is a bit of scrolling, now that I know what to expect. In most cases, the average user probably does not go to Page 2 of a forum, but many of us do. If it becomes a pain, I'll just jump quickly to Page 3, and then back to Page 2.

Hey, Adobe never promised to make my life perfect - just better... I can easily live with this, but thought I'd ask, in case it was OE on my part.

Appreciated,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines