• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OK... So how do we remove the points and correct answers system?

Engaged ,
May 18, 2009 May 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been a lot of posts in the thread, "Is the "point system" here helpful at all?" The general consensus seems to be negative. Apart from that particular thread, there have been numerous references to the sheer a$$inity of the point system as well as the "Correct" answer mis-feature.

So, how do we go about getting Adobe to remove these half-a$$ed Jive ACE features? I have a few suggestions:

1/ Draw up a list of forums and flood them with inane questions to which we award answers on a random basis

2/ Approach John C and Kanguyen with reasoned arguments – an effort doomed to failure as the 'powers that be' are so narcissusly taken with this brainwave – sorry, brain-aberration – of theirs that they will refuse to see logic

3/ Flame all good posters who, through no fault of their own get points – (though, i suspect some of them get a kind of vicarious pleasure) – till they run screaming to the Adobe Panjandrums to revoke these features, This effort is doubtful but workable if persons of repute pour scorn on those accepting points...

4/ Any other ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Give them to me now!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JayJhabrix wrote:

Any other ideas?

Yes, just leave it to the team. They know what's wanted.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

JayJhabrix wrote:

Any other ideas?

Yes, just leave it to the team. They know what's wanted.  

Sorry... no points... that's not an idea it's a cop out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JayJhabrix wrote:

that's not an idea it's a cop out!

Better than making a noise!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

JayJhabrix wrote:

that's not an idea it's a cop out!

Better than making a noise!

John... this is not a case of the "meek shall inherit the earth" or whatever... please understand that if a noise is not made in all the forums, the Adobe pot bonchos will not give a rat's excreta about your thoughts, opinions, likes or dislikes... Obviously certain members of the Adone Forums Team (for lack of the proper phrase) have already voiced the point. But have been ignored. To be heard, you need to make a noise. But yes, a noise here is not enough. It must be in virtually every one of the Adobe forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh dear.

Why don't you throw your rattle out of the pram while you're at it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While we have a point system I want as many as I can get.

Give me all the points

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want more Points

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give them to me now!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JayJhabrix wrote:

4/ Any other ideas?

My approach was to block all traces of wanted items with Adblock Plus, i.e. points, red blobs, numbers of posts, avatars, stars, correct answer stars, answer bar, etc., and just ignore them.  But that's just short term. 

For the long term, we should aim to expose this silliness in other places, like Adobe blogs, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramón G Castañeda wrote:

For the long term, we should aim to expose this silliness in other places, like Adobe blogs, etc.

That's a good idea except... do the top guys in Adobe read the blogs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JayJhabrix wrote:

do the top guys in Adobe read the blogs?

They sure as hell don't read this lot of infantile garbage!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:obe read the blogs?

They sure as hell don't read this lot of infantile garbage!

You have a propensity for stating the obvious?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wishing we could get back to Forum Comments rather than futile protest actions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

Just wishing we could get back to Forum Comments rather than futile protest actions. 

Well, don't you think the topic, "OK... So how do we remove the points and correct answers system?" is a comment on the forums? In fact, more than a comment, a call to positive action?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you really want to effect corporate policy, write here:

Corporate headquarters

Adobe Systems Incorporated
345 Park Avenue
San Jose, CA 95110-2704

A well thought out letter by hundreds of users might do the trick.  But to be honest there only seem to be an active dozen or so people who seem to care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you really want to effect corporate policy, write here:

>

>

h5. Corporate headquarters

Adobe Systems Incorporated

345 Park Avenue

San Jose, CA 95110-2704

Very good idea!

I'm sure there are more people than you think. Most folks aren't going

to reiterate what's been said countless times. If someone wants to

write the copy for that letter, I for one will print it out and send

it in! (I'm not much of a letter writer myself.)

Harbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 19, 2009 May 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#1 sounds like the most fun to me, and it'll eventually work*.

*IF it's possible at all with these crap forums.

And @ (I think Ramon?) or whoever said they've been blocking the fancy features using 3rd party software:

One, I couldn't install an adblocker even if I wanted. But second--the features still will effect others in the forums and will impact others blocking the junk in some way anyway.

I wonder if all that point tracking slows down database response time at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The blocking part affects only you, as the user, who has implemented it... right? Most guys haven't bothered... or don't know about it or couldn't care less...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, he said Adblock plus, dunno anything more than that. But it's not so much the fact that I'm seeing the silliness, it's the effect it has on other people (who I have to interact with) and any performance impact it may have that bothers me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ansury wrote:

Hmm, he said Adblock plus, dunno anything more than that. But it's not so much the fact that I'm seeing the silliness, it's the effect it has on other people (who I have to interact with) and any performance impact it may have that bothers me.

Forget what anyone says... the point is that this whole 'correct answer' trip coupled with this inane point sytem and lack of NNTP is changing the very character of the Adobe forums. Which, the Panjandrums refuse to see (or are not aware of) and some clowns here, who have the wherewithal to change the system are choosing to be relatively silent because their egos or pockets are being fed. Please note, i am not including Adobe 'employees' such as JC, Kanguyen, Chris Cox, etc., in this last statement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'm not saying it isn't a crime (or even that it's helpful) that we have to use special blocking software to hide useless junk...

The atmosphere definitely has changed (they Jived it up real good), and not for the better from what I've seen.

It is good that some employees at Adobe do seem to have some common sense about these things. 

But how much longer will we have to put up with nonsense when we need information on Adobe products? 

Abort and switch to new forum software now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abort and switch to new old forum software now!

Fixed that fer ya!   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

John Joslin wrote:

Abort and switch to new old forum software now!

Fixed that fer ya!   

That works too. I just figure it'd be more "marketable" to upper management, from an emotional kind of perspective, to find alternative software that works better than this garbage.  Assuming it actually does work correctly (not that the requirements are outrageous).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines