• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Partial localization

LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2013 Sep 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was pleasantly surprised to find that these forums have been patially localized. That is, I am now getting many (but not all) of the fixed texts in Spanish in Firefox/Mac (but not in Explorer/Win). A welcome improvement for those who don't understand English, no doubt.

Obviously, I do not fully agree with all the translations, but they are probably understood in all the Spanish speaking countries, so I will accept them as they are. There is however an exception: posts has been translated as artículos which, literally, means articles. This is incorrect, and in my opinion also confussing, so I would like to suggest that it is changed to mensajes.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2013 Sep 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio, can you give us a screen shot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course. My suggestion is to change "artículos" by "mensajes" here

artic.jpg

and "artículo" by "message" in here:

modi.jpg

Addictionally, I would now suggest also changint the untranslated ·Modify Date" by "Último Cambio". This is not a literal translation (which would be too long for the available space", but it's only one character longer than the original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure this localization has been in place for a few years. No new work has been done here. I'll see what can be done with those words/phrases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 01, 2013 Oct 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I'm prettu sure that it wasn't on my screens before Sunday. May I also repeat that I am not getting any Spanish text in Explorer/Win.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you change your locale in IE (at the bottom of the page)? I confirmed with Jive that there hasn't been an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean, here?

EStados.JPG

No, because it has been reported numerous time that changing your country here produces no effect, and you get back to United States at the end of the proccess. But just out of curiosity y went to my Mac, where to my surprise I saw this:

España.jpg

And I can assure you that I haven't touched that button in months if not years, for the same reason.

After posting this message, I will attempt the change in Explorer/Win, I'll report back in some minutes,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incidentally, I noticed before posting thet the last line in JC's message was this in the half-Spanish version:

Eeee.JPG

As I couldn't guess the meaning of the phrase after "Mark as", i switched once more to United States, and I saw that the original was this:

Eee2.JPG

which does make sense, and is what I have been using for years. I wonder by what magic the untranslated sentence experienced this change on switching languages...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, in Explorer/Win, I went to the bottom of the page ald clicked om the United States (Change) button. I was immediately welcomed by thie error message:

erro.JPG

(Oh no, that page couldn't be found. We are sorry, the page you requested could not be found. You can go back and try again, or start all over again in Start).

I just closed IE, and came back to the main page of this forum to report as promissed. And what do you know: the page had miraculously switched to the half-Spanish version, and the bottom line showed that I was in España... Go figure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

¡ay, ¡No!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Correction to my message #7. The error message appeared after I clicked on "United States (Change)" and chose "España" in the list of countries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines