• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Performance issues due to forum backup?

LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2010 Apr 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies if I'm polluting this place and the question has been brought up before and answered, but my search didn't turn up anything of relevance, so I'm asking. During the last two weeks I have severe performance and log-in issues every day during around 8.30 to 10.30 AM local time (CET+1, should be something like 2 AM PST). I'm assuming this is because some backup is going on somewhere (not necessarily on the forum itself) and would humbly inquire if someone knows something about it and if there is any betterment in sight. This has only occured recently, perhaps after some backend software has been updated and it really bugs me as I often start a reply only then to lose it due to the problems, having to type it again at a later point. I can also verify that it happens with different browsers and on two different connections, so I would rule out problems on my end and really blame it on the servers. If anyone has any info, I'd appreciate it.

Mylenium

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 16, 2010 Apr 16, 2010

The forum servers have ground to a halt (out of memory type errors) sometime between midnight and 1am pacific time most of the past week (though it did not happen last night). It does not seem to be related to backups, or any other "normal" operations. We do seem to get hit with a lot of bot/crawler traffic around that time and we've been working on blocking access to features (such as view a PDF of each discussion) to the crawlers. They did tighten crawler access down last night, which we hope

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2010 Apr 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

Been on the fora from about 05:30 (AM) PDT, and was thinking how well things were going. I've not had one hiccup, or log-out. Guess that I should not get too complacent too soon, as things could come crashing down on me, and in a hurry.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2010 May 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same experience. Yesterday I found this forum when i was browsing SPAM REMOVED  so I think maybe I can find solution from here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 11, 2010 May 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it would be easier to help you if you started by stating your problem. In any case, the full lit of these Adobe forums, with links to each one, is here:

http://forums.adobe.com/index.jspa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 22, 2010 Apr 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At around 08.00 UTC, every day without fail, the response time slows to such an extent that the forums are almost unusable.

At least it's predictable.

Note: It took six attempts spread over 90 minites to get that message posted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2010 Apr 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to what John just said, the slowness has just passed.

I only have the slowness and no posting issues  here, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2010 Apr 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today the slowness seems faster, or should that be slower?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 23, 2010 Apr 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've become acustomed to the slowness and resigned myself to the fact they will never look into or fix the problem. Complaining does no good with some companies. They don'tr acre about their patrons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2010 Apr 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be between 08.00 and 10.00 UTC, which is between 01.00 and 03.00 PDT, the current default forum time, in other words starting 3 hours ago and ending 1 hour ago (today).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 27, 2010 Apr 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the slow down every morning and the continual loss of log-in (all part of the same problem maybe), the forums are totally unusable for the first three or four hours of the working day in Europe.

It is not good for Adobe's image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 28, 2010 Apr 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The hiatus was much longer today and I was logged out about 6 times after which time I gave up trying.

Even now pages are failing to load completely  – it took 3 refreshes to get a working reply box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 30, 2010 Apr 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not calling you a liar (especially when pointing out problems in rubbish-ware) but I'm not seeing those issues at all anymore (at least, not at that level).  Then again I'm on a decent connection in the US.  I imagine Adobe doesn't see this problem either.  Ever try a traceroute (if you're familiar with that) to the forum servers to see if there's a network issue rather than something with Adobe's servers?

(Obviously that would work best at a time when you're actually experiencing performance issues.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 01, 2010 May 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the time you posted the problems had long been resolved.

There is nothing wrong with my connection, even out here in the cradle of civilisation.

I am not a liar and similar effects were comfirmed by Adobe Admin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2010 May 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

You are at the intersection of the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers? I thought you were in the UK. Teach me to assume things.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 04, 2010 May 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant I hadn't (haven't) seen massive slowness issues like that for quite some time, amazingly.  That said, I believe you 110%, this jiveware hardly qualifies as stable, production ready software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2010 May 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not seen any slowdowns, of which I was aware, in some time. However, there was a forum outage for me at ~ 2:00PM PDT yesterday, April 03, 2010, which lasted for about 45 mins.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2010 May 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously, the time dependent slowness is an issue that affects us more over here.

Apart from that it was felt less right here today; but then again, I never have the log out issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2010 May 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe John is in the cradle of civilization: since his mentioning it, the daily slow show seems to have been cancelled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 03, 2010 May 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines