• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Possible or not > upgrade PC version CS4 Design Premium to Apple Mac version

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2010 Jan 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a big problem. Last year I bought a CS4 Design Premium package for the PC. However, I am switching systems to Apple (iMac) in a month and my CS4 for the PC won't work on an Apple Mac system. Buying new photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign is more expensive than I can afford. Is there a way to change or upgrade from PC to Mac? I hope anyone can help me.

Kind regards

Marjolein

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes its called a Cross-Grade. You need to call Sales dept at Adobe There may or may not be some fee involved. Most software companies allow it. You may be asked to Destroy your PC Disk. Or

You and buy Parallels for your new Mac then install windows on the Parallels Partition (if you already have a Separate Windows install DVD). To get up and running if you don't have a packaged version (not OEM) of windows would be buy buy the cross Grade. If you have a Packaged version of Office laying around then buying Parallels for the Mac would be cheaper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In years (versions) past, the X-platform upgrade was for the same price as the single-platform upgrade. By that, I mean that if the Mac InDesign to CS4 from CS3 was US$200, then the PC InDesign CS4 to Mac CS4 was also US$200. This has not been the policy with some software companies, which charged full price, when one changed platforms. Adobe always seemed to want to make it easy.

Good luck, and do check things out, as policies can change.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines