• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prevent or erasing someone "following" me in the forum

LEGEND ,
May 14, 2014 May 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to prevent someone from showing up as "following" me or erase that user if he's already there in that capacity in my profile?

There are some users I certainly don't want to be associated with by the forum software.

I feel like I'm being stalked by a nut.

If there's no way to achieve that, then that's a significant bug, even a deal breaker.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 17, 2014 May 17, 2014

Pat Willener wrote:

You can "unfollow" stalkers; here is how...

Sorry but you can't. You're mixing up "following" and "followers".

You can stop following someone else, but you cannot stop a user from following you. Unlike Facebook et al, Jive has no blocking features.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2014 Jul 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave Merchant wrote:

…Unlike Facebook et al, Jive has no blocking features…

…and that's still regrettable.

Given the obviously accelerating deterioration of the quality of discussions in these forums, this has become a moot point anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2014 Jul 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the following: from the "My Stuff" 50+ button click on Connection Updates - you will get a list like this

connection_updates.PNG

My guess is that Dismiss (or Dismiss all) will stop the following.  Or will it just dismiss the notification?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2014 Jul 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice guess, but wrong!  I just did a Dismiss all, but I still have 9 followers...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2014 Jul 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice guess, but wrong! I just did a Dismiss all, but I still have 9 followers...

There is nothing you can do if people are staking you except report them to the police If it was so simple by pressing few keys on a keaboard, life would be simple but life isn't as simple as you think. Today, I can't get into the web forums so I have to use email to post this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 06, 2014 Jul 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wait for the Button with the feedback pulse that would go back to that person's computer and cause it to blow up the computer and burn the circuits out on their computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines