• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with IE8

Contributor ,
Apr 22, 2009 Apr 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first page loaded in a new session of IE8 results in a message at the bottom of the browser screen that says "error on page". The "Next" function is inoperative until the IE8 window is refreshed with F5. This is not a problem with FireFox.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 27, 2009 Apr 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are Jive responsive to your reports?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In general, yes they are. But resolution depends on a lot of things and can take longer than preferred.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In general, yes they are.

Well, that's encouraging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jive's not going to be responsive unless there's a threat of them not getting money down the road, but that's probably not the case. Adobe has probably already shoveled out a large sum and now they're committed to maintaining the crapware to avoid losing their initial investment. So it'll be awhile until basic problems like INCOMPATIBILITY WITH IE which should have been caught in basic testing (Jive isn't doing much of this) are resolved. And if the initial investment was minor, it's time to jump ship and find some real software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, John. And what follows is just a test, because I noticed that suddenly Verdana 10 pt came out funny in my previous message. I have just opened this thread in Mac/Firefox (I wrote it in Vista/Explorer) and it also looks funny. Posting from my Mac now.

Back in Vista/Explorer; the text I wrote in my Mac looks all right here, and I am adding some more text to see if I get the problem again. Trying to make the text long because the line spacing in my previous message was aldo wrong. And I was forgetting: Explorer is not taking me back to my just posted message.

No, everything looks OK now, must have been a temporary glitch.

Message was edited by: Claudio González. Reason: additions (several).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2009 May 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jive is continuing to work through a resolution for this as of May 6. They've made some progress, but the fix requires a great deal more testing to ensure it's stable. The Jive related product enhancement/bug ID is CS-12987.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2009 May 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I have the same problem with IE7 on WinXp, I'd say this problem has been around awhile

Oh well... slow and stumbling at times, the forums do work for questions to be answered

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 14, 2009 May 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kanguyen, I don't know if new info is of any use once you have reported the case, but here it goes anyway.

Some IE effects seem to be getting worse. Take this one, for example:

Anomaly.jpg

At first, both Original Post buttons went back to their proper places by themselves after the time it took me to read the last message if this was more than a few lines. Now I have seen them remain in their wrong positions after much longer times; for example, when going back several messages in the same page and reading them all. And the effect is not constant. Some times the buttons go inside the last post, while others they may appear several messages upwards. And some times they relocate themselves in a couple of seconds...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll make sure this one is logged as well, Claudio. I too have seen this one intermittently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I seem to see it always, only that many times it disappears in a couple of seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2009 May 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kanguyen wrote:

I'll make sure this one is logged as well, Claudio. I too have seen this one intermittently.

Hello, Kanguyen, here you have two more glitches affecting Explorer:

1. In the "Small niggles" thread I made a suggestion regarding the page numbers bar on top of the lists of topics, as reported here:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1970495#1970495

However, I have just noticed that I am still seeing the "new" page numbers bar in Mac/Firefox, but I'm not getting it under Vista/Explorer 7. To be frank, I couldn't for the life of me say for sure if this is new, or if I ever saw the new bar in Explorer; but it is quite evident that it is not there now.

2. This is an old issue that I hadn't felt like reporting. When posting messages, and as a deference to other users, I normally change the difficult to read Arial by the much more readable on screen Verdana. For this, I select my text, and go to the Type pulldown menu, where I scroll down until I see Verdana, and choose it. No problem at all in my Mac, but difficult in Explorer, at least for the first (few?) message(s?). What happens there is that, when trying to scroll down the list, the highlighted text is deselected. This happens however I try to scroll down, with the arrows or the bar. My workaround is to choose Verdana anyway and then reselect the text, If I do this, when I go to the pulldown menu, it is still scrolled down, and I can choose Verdana without getting anywhere near the scroll bar.

Addition (2 and a half hours later): I am now seeing the new bar in Explorer also (point 1).

Message was edited by: Claudio González. Reason: Addition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 28, 2009 May 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a new one. If I use my bookmarks to come into any of these forums after a period of inactivity, I have no problem. However, once here, if I try to open any thread, or to login if I had been logged out, Explorer just freezes and I have to use Ctrl-Alt-Supr to get out. This has nothing to do with whether I have or have nor been logged out. If I was still logged on entering a forum, I am logged when I come back after relaunching Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kanguyen wrote:

Jive is continuing to work through a resolution for this as of May 6. They've made some progress, but the fix requires a great deal more testing to ensure it's stable. The Jive related product enhancement/bug ID is CS-12987.

Yeah, because it's not a fix, but a hack and guesswork. And testing? hehe.. Come on now, WE are Jive's testers, let's be honest here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 28, 2009 Jun 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original post was posted 2 months ago and it is not fixed. Hard to believe.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard to believe.

not really...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i think its difficult to using IE8 rightnow,

so untill now i change my browser to firefox

regards

htp://yosaadi.blogspot.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines