• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quad Core Versus Core 2 Duo

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2009 Oct 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to upgrade to one of the new 27  inch iMacs. I use CS4 Premium Design Suite, PS, IL, ID and a little bit of DW.  Does anyone have a comment or thought on any real benefit to a Quad Core processor? Do any of these apps support the multi threading that makes use of quad core technology?  The little bit of research I have found on the internet suggests that there is not any significant performance improvement with the current software such as CS3 and CS4. The exceptions seem (and only seem) to be with some CAD applications and high end video editing. 

Any input or factual data would be greatly appreciated.

Floyd

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please repost in the Creative Suites forum. This forum is reserved for comments about the forums themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2009 Oct 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apology, will repost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never noticed any speed difference between a quad or dual in PS CS4 extended. I don't think that Adobe products are coded for using Quad or Dual. Using other applications while using Adobe products will be better. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most Adobe products are written for multiple processors, and can benefit from more cores.

How much benefit you see will depend on the document size, and the exact operation used (some can't be accelerated using more cores).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the information Chris.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines