• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Quote last message" button

LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2009 Apr 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just wasted 5 minutes trying to find if this problem has been already reported, but finally gave up.

The "quote last message" button in the box for posting replies works perfectly in my Mac/Firefox 2, but does absolutely nothing in my Vista/Explorer 7. Anyone else?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Apr 21, 2009 Apr 21, 2009

Claudio González wrote:

I have just wasted 5 minutes trying to find if this problem has been already reported, but finally gave up.

The "quote last message" button in the box for posting replies works perfectly in my Mac/Firefox 2, but does absolutely nothing in my Vista/Explorer 7. Anyone else?

IE7 on XPSP3. No, it didn't work for me either, until I clicked the Insert button (>>) and selected Quote. Then I could click the Quote Previous Message button and your post appeared below the empty quote b

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

IE7 on XPSP3. No, it didn't work for me either, until I clicked the Insert button (>>) and selected Quote. Then I could click the Quote Previous Message button and your post appeared below the empty quote box, which I deleted. Then I got logged out before I could submit....

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

In IE7 just eneter a blank space before trying to hit the quote button. It will work then.

I reported this back when they had the test forums going, but it was never fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for fun, I was going to give 5 points to each of you, as I couldn't give 10 to both, but I clicked on a wrong button and gave Ilhund 10, so Bob got just 5. Sorry, although in my opinion this is just a childish game.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

Just for fun, I was going to give 5 points to each of you, as I couldn't give 10 to both, but I clicked on a wrong button and gave Ilhund 10, so Bob got just 5. Sorry, although in my opinion this is just a childish game.

LOL! Thanks, but it isn't a problem. I don't pay attention to the silly things anywyay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither did I, but I have just checked, and both of you beat me by 5 points!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OldBob1957 wrote:

In IE7 just eneter a blank space before trying to hit the quote button. It will work then.

Thanks Bob. Works in IE8/Vista too. That's been bugging me since I was forced to come here when NNTP died.

Appreciate the tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 22, 2009 Apr 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a thought, but maybe this info could be added to a FAQ somewhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2009 Apr 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OldBob1957 wrote:

Adobe demonstrate that they're listening and responding to issues raised in these forums? That would be nice to see

SCNR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OldBob1957 wrote:

Well, I lost nothing by posting this:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1910310#1910310

(I'm not counting the time it took me to get there, open the message window, and wait for my message to be posted)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(I'm not counting the time it took me to get there, open the message window, and wait for my message to be posted)..

seven mississippi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

(I'm not counting the time it took me to get there, open the message window, and wait for my message to be posted)..

seven mississippi.

I guess I should take that to mean seven seconds? But if you measure seconds that way, do you have to use your fingers to keep count of the "mississippis"? I ask because, at least here, we measure seconds using numbers with long names, say the equivalent to "a hundred and one, a hundred and two, ..." (I haven't tried if this works in English starting from 100, but it does work in Spanish starting from 50: "cincuenta y uno, cincuenta y dos, ...").

In any case, at the speeds I got, it was quite a lot longer that than, perhaps some 5 times longer. And again, I'm not counting the time it took me to find that thread, which had drifted quite a long way down -I discovered too late that there is a direct link to it in the Subforums sidebar...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lol. Works in FIREFOX but not in IE?

haha..

Yeah I've seen the same thing on IE.

Of course, the UI is so slow that maybe the clicks didn't register or something. rofl

Yea, takes me 2 seconds of hovering over the "post message" button before it highlights so I know the click will go through...lol.

These forums are a pathetic joke, guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I tried to find to which of my messages in this thread you were replying, by using the "Go to message" button (my name in the first line of your message), I found that this button also doesn't work in Explorer, but it dos work in Firefox...

Also: smilies inserted are not shown in Explorer in this box, although they do show in messages. More simply: I will not see the smiley I inserted in the previous line until I post this message. And they do show in Firefox!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So some idiot developers at Jive used Hackfox crapware for development, and testing, and that was it?  Is that what happened?

Job poorly done! (?)

What's going on here?  If you're going to use alternative browsers, at least use Opera or Safari. But my lord, basic stuff not working in IE? What are they thinking?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IE 8 will be the first IE to be w3C Standards compatible. which means all the non-Standrd stuff such as self-healing (automatically inserting  opening and closing tags a such) does not work with these forums.

For Years MS was on the Consortium Board , Jst to find out the standards so that they could make it difficult for website geared to MS Windows, products couldn't be view any Browser other Than IE.

NOw IE * they have finally decided they have just been shooting their own foot and decide to make it w#c conpatible which means any pages written of MS specific sites can viewed with any Browser. even Safari, Seamonkey, FireFox, Opera, OmniWeb, iCab You name it, even Konquerer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the last post is 100% accurate and true of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

IE 8 will be the first IE to be, w3C Standards compatible. Which means all the non-Standard stuff such as self-healing (automatically inserting  opening and closing tags a such) does not work with these forums.

For Years MS was on the Consortium Board , Just to find out the standards so that they could make it difficult for website geared to MS Windows, products to be view by any Browser other than IE.

Now with IE 8 they have finally figured out they have just been shooting their own foot, and decide to make it w3c conpatible which means any pages written for MS specific sites can viewed with any Browser. Even Safari, Seamonkey, FireFox, Opera, OmniWeb, iCab You name it, even Konquoerer.

Dang! Just can't seem to get anything proofed correct!

I will correct mistakes and iindicate which items are corrected by underlining

And yes its accurate. as reported by both ZDnet, and cNet  news.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

And yes its accurate. as reported by both ZDnet, and cNet  news.

Including all the typos and conjecture?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The typos are mine. The info of 1E8 to be W3C standards compatible are reported by ZDnet, cNET

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 24, 2009 Apr 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dunno... zdnet is getting pretty sloppy so who could tell?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 24, 2009 Apr 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just noted wthat cNet and ZDnet was reporting that IE 8 would be w3c standards compatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines