• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Reply to original post" displayed overtop page numbers

Apr 28, 2009 Apr 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In crummy IE 8.

That's right, at the bottom of a multi-page post, you can't even click to the last page (or any page) because the links are OVERWRITTEN by that other link.

Come on, that's terrible, Testing 101 for dummies would have caught that! "Jive clearspace" sucks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the width of the window you are viewing in. I occasionally see the page numbers, but only over the poster's name, not the Last Post link, which is quite a distance from the page numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that in any browser where I've set the minimum font size large enough. Any chance you've done that in IE?

In IE7, that is in Internet Options->General->Accessibility

I think it gets the size from your system display options, but I'm not sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I was wrong, this is IE 7 not 8 (duh).  But I don't have anything checked in that accessibility screen to "ignore page fonts" and such.

Width is about 1024 pixels, I don't see that problem here, just the one I mentioned. This is ALWAYS a problem at some point when people try to do that crappy absolute positioning or whatever it is (been years since I played with that garbage) and it is nothing less than SAD that this supposedly professionally developed forum resorts to that lazy bug prone method of layout. Not to mention it seems to slow things down even more. They must have hired developers fresh out of high school--sorry Jive, that doesn't work out so well anymore, next time hire adults.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IE7 here and SOMETIMES it happens.  I was afraid to mention it because I figured someone would tell me my video card needed replaced or needed latest drivers.  You know, like CS4...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<chuckle>  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You blew it. Update your video drivers.

@ Ansury: I just realized that you were talking about the page links at the bottom of the page. No, I have not seen that symptom, even with larger font sizes. Update your video drivers?

SCNR

[Edit s/Replace/Update]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2009 Apr 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sometimes happens at work (Dell Dimension 4600) and at home (self-built with Intel MB) so I just click the refresh in IE7 and the display usually fixes itself

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines