• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ranks

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed that each user has a rank. I see some as "Advocate" and others as"LEGEND". What do these mean? Which is a higher rank and what are the other ranks? How does one achieve their rank and how does it help me to know? I have been unable to find any info on the site. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ranks are assigned based on how active you are in the forums. The more questions you ask and answers you provide, the higher your rank. About the only effect this really has is that at a certain point, you'll be able to edit your posts.

Adobe has not informed us what the numbers on this are, so I don't know what level you have to be to access the ability to edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. It is cuorious that they even list them with names since there is no way of knowing what the rank means. Who could ever tell which is the highest or lowest? Obviously someone ranked "New Here" is lower than a "Legend" but how would anyone know where an "Advocate" is relative to that or an "Adobe Community Professional"? It reminds me of Apple's use of cat names for there OS. How would anyone know that Lion is newer than Leopard? Whereas anyone can tell the ten comes after nine.

Sorry for the rant but does anyone know where Adobe might list the order?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Community Professional is actually not a rank assigned by the forum software. That designates a volunteer in the ACP program. Usually it's people who have demonstrated expertise in at least one Adobe product and who regularly answer questions. 

The forum "titles" are, as I said, based on length and frequency of activity here, and I think it is also based on how many answers you provide that are accepted as solutions. There might be information available from Khorus on that sort of thing, but it may also be configurable by Adobe. As I said, Adobe hasn't provided that information and I don't know that they ever will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is from an out of date thread, but it mostly applies:

See who's who:

Adobe Employee: A verified member of our Forum Staff team.

Adobe Community Professional: An officially-recognized product expert who can speak on behalf of Adobe, but not an employee.

Most Valuable Participant: Forum moderators and experts selected by Adobe. MVPs may also be ACPs or UGMs, those affiliations are shown on their profile page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think they're trying to figure out what the difference is between ranks such as Expert, Guide, Legend, etc. I don't think we even have a list of those, much less a hierarchy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I was just adressing part of the question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not mentioned I think, but if you want to make a rating of people by posts, likes etc. you can hover over their name. A pop-up should appear with this info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines