• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: searching question

Mentor ,
Apr 10, 2009 Apr 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am on a Mac. A PowerBook 1.67GB 17" and I find all the forums much slower on this new system.

Part of the problem is merging the two server systems together The Old Macromedia users and the old adobe Groups together. Therefore the are serving twice as many people or more on the same amount of Server  equipment. Until they beef up the speed, and size of the servers and have sattelite equipment to lighten the load the system will always be slower than before.

The system should be on the highest speed sytem they can get . T5, FOIS, whatever.  And it should have the bigest hard drives and fastest processor availble. If the want to be serious.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2009 Apr 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

I see a lot worse all the time. I have a tough hide.

I've seen far worse.

Well that's good.

If I thought I was saying something that took more than that, I wouldn't say it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. PJ has been told much worse things than what you say in message #14, and at least occasionally, he has asked for them. I do not consider your message any more offensive than many others.

However, it does worry me to think that, to top all the difficulties the new format has brought on us, we could be hgetting some sort of censorship on the contents of out messages. We already have full words replaced by ******, which is not only offensive to the mental age of the average user, but also completely childish. At the same level than awarding points or marking questions as answered.

PLEASE, we are grownups; without anyone telling us, we know who is who, and we can judge if a question has been answered or not. Just because a workaround works for a newcomer doesn't mean that we should endorse that workaround as the solution for the problem. PLEASE, some respect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't been excessively abusive to anyone. Sometimes I have one upped people, that made comments about me usually adding a smiley of some type. It not my intent to disparage anyone.

No only that but now in some threaded because they are tired of of a given thread they are now locking the thread.  The thread in question relates to email notifications. Hwere two of use are trying to explain problems of threading Mozilla Products. I've just been complaing about the threading of the adobe forum notifications. Turns out we are both right. I intended to say this but the thread was locked.

If I have insulted anyone, my apologies for doing so it was unintended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

No only that but now in some threaded because they are tired of of a given thread they are now locking the thread.  The thread in question relates to email notifications. Hwere two of use are trying to explain problems of threading Mozilla Products. I've just been complaing about the threading of the adobe forum notifications. Turns out we are both right. I intended to say this but the thread was locked.

Why, so it is. Well, we did stray quite a bit off topic (Sorry, kanguyen!).

If you're talking to/about me, then certainly no offense was taken - or meant to be given, either. I think we just lost patience with each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark A. Boyd wrote:

PjonesCET wrote:

Why, so it is. Well, we did stray quite a bit off topic (Sorry, kanguyen!).

If you're talking to/about me, then certainly no offense was taken - or meant to be given, either. I think we just lost patience with each other.

What I intended to do was post this comment then not post anymore about what we we fussing about. :

"what are we fussing about then! I know SM and TB can thread regualr emails and NNTP messages fine using any sorting method. I am fussing about the Adobe/Jive Email Notifications. You agreed with my point about I know Adobe/Jive notification don't thread normally."

I am just asking why can't they hide the Serial numbers in the Brackets before sent so email news Readers would work correctly.

And I apologize not only to you but other as well. I have inherited a Trait from my Dad now deceased. People couldn't tell when joking or serious some times . I have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2009 Apr 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>No only that but now in some threaded because they are tired of of a given thread they are now locking the thread.  The thread in question relates to email notifications. Hwere two of use are trying to explain problems of threading Mozilla Products. I've just been complaing about the threading of the adobe forum notifications. Turns out we are both right. I intended to say this but the thread was locked.

What? I mean, really. WHAT??? Do yourself a favor, P, and at least TRY to get a grip on the English language, before you go off espousing how you've "one-upped" people with your "superior intellect."

The above string of words (and non-words) that I quoted is pathetic. No offense intended, of course...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't like the SILENT censorship. if there's a reason for censoring something, i'd like to know who's doing the censoring and why. for 2 reasons, 1) so i can see the line and know where not to go over, if it's gone over, and 2) to be sure someone's not abusing their privilege as host or someone's not trying to get back at me (or someone) because they don't like an opinion i (or someone) holds. the behind the scenes thing kinda scares me. it's very off putting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 11, 2009 Apr 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've clicked that a couple times (not in this case) where i meant to hit reply, but backed out before actually submitting it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2009 Apr 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yeah, I've done that too but, this baby was filled out and submitted. Got an email about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines