• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Report spam or inappropriate posts here

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2009 Jan 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This topic is reserved to report spam and other inappropriate content requiring attention. Please, no unnecessary comment or response.

NOTE: Please click on the user name of the poster of such content and provide that link here.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 249 Replies 249
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2009 Apr 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, this thread has the advantage that we report the poster, not the post, thus making it easier to clean up. And the advantage that (older) natives have no need to use what they may not see, especially if they have got rid of all the new uglies.

Thank you, Dorothy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can add links/text to your abuse report. I don't see the point in removing the Report Abuse button, the icon maybe but not the whole button

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see the point in removing the Report Abuse button, the icon maybe but not the whole button

Furthermore the old spam-or-inappropriate-posts thread was actually only known to a few regulars.

The new button is there for all to see.

Much better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure I must have reported this post in due time, but have no way to check, and the message is still there, with its links to commercial sites:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1130168#1130168

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If i'm not mistaken, you can only report a post once after which the report button changes to "already reported" or something like that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, but DK said that if enough people report a post it's automatically deleted. She doesn't know how many.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's not deleted, just hidden so that only mods can see them so if you see a nasty post just report away

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zeno Bokor wrote:

If i'm not mistaken, you can only report a post once after which the report button changes to "already reported" or something like that

Zeno, you posted this message in reply to mine. If it is really a reply, I don't understand it, although I think you just pressed the wrong Reply button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm looking in flat view so i don't care who i reply to normally but in this case, yes, i was replying to you because you said you didn't know if you reported or not that post. If you had reported that post then the "Report abuse" button for that particular post would have changed to "Abuse Reported" and it would be in simple text, not a link/button

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So how can a given number of reports add up to an automatic deletion/hiding? If the link/abuse button disappears after one report?

... you're right, Zeno, sorry, I experimented on you. So maybe I misunderstood Dorothy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the link only disappears for the user that reported the abuse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, that makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why am I not showing up as most recent poster? Gawd this thing's slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zeno, now I understand: I forgot to mention that the link I gave was to a very old, pre fussion message. No "Report Abuse" button them. And I think it would have been almost completely impossible for me not to notice and report at once the offending message - I always watch that thread very closely. Unfortunately, in this case, the only way of checking if I had reported it or not was by going to a thread that was deleted long ago...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

I'm sure I must have reported this post in due time, but have no way to check, and the message is still there, with its links to commercial sites:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1130168#1130168

I killed the links. The post is an old one, well before the changeover. It was interesting to note that it now carries today's date. I'll have to go back after I post and see if it also jumped to the top of the topic list as a result. Don't know if I would like that "feature".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dorothy, I have just checked, and I think there are several "features" related to this that you may not like.

1. I cannot be sure if the topic jumped up or not, because I had posted a message in it at about the time you must have removed the links. But the "last post" changed in a surprising way:

Im1.jpg

(although the edited messagew now has today's date, in the list it appears as 11 months old).

2. Not so surprisingly, either of the two ways of going to the last post in that thread takes one, not tho the last posted messgae, but to the edited one, which to the system is now the "last" post,

Im2.jpg

...but has not moved within the thread:

Im3.jpg

Just for completeness, this was the last post in the thread when I started writing this message:

Im4.jpg

In my opinion, all these anomalies could be avoided if editing by a host/mod did not change the date and time of the edited message...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first screenshot in my previous message #190 shows two topics with the same name opened at about the same time by the same person. In a quick look, I didn't notice any difference between both OPs. In the old days, we would call this a "duplicate thread/topic".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2009 Apr 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hidden links to a commercial site hidden in this completely unrelated message:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1908444#1908444

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2009 Apr 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gather that this thread is no longer closely watched by mods/hosts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2009 Apr 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I have my answer.No reply in two days, and the links I reported in my previous message are still there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

love this new customer-centric approach to the forums adobe has taken, huh? 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont know about other Hosts; but I dont follow this thread at all.  I monitor a mod queue that automatically alerts us when someone reports a thread via the "report abuse" function.   That is a lot easier than monitoring a thread for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curt Wrigley wrote:

I dont know about other Hosts; but I dont follow this thread at all.  I monitor a mod queue that automatically alerts us when someone reports a thread via the "report abuse" function.   That is a lot easier than monitoring a thread for me.

Curt, this thread is the last of a long series of such threads with similar names (previous ones were deleted when gone too much off topic). They were created in the old forums for what its title says; and they were closely watched by hosts/mods, who very frequently took action within minutes, and often posted short thank you messages. So postingin this thread meant not only fast reactions, but also positive feedback, which at least in my case, encouraged me to continue reporting spam and inappropriate posts. And, of course, I didn't have to go back to the offending message to know if any action was taken, making life easier for the contributing user.

I don't recall having read anything in these new forums announcing that this thread was no longer closely watched.

Message was edited by: Claudio González. Reason: adding the sentence in italics (used only to make it easily identifiable)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use the Report Abuse button, that's what it's for though from the look of it, that post isn't spam, those links are just part of his email signature

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zeno Bokor wrote:

use the Report Abuse button, that's what it's for though from the look of it, that post isn't spam, those links are just part of his email signature

Zeno, I have read no warning saying that the Report Abuse button had replaced this thread and I therefore assumed that it complemented it. Also, in the old forums, a link for free MP3 players not in the signature of a completely off topic message would have been  most probably considered as spam. Two most natural mistakes of me, I would say.

Incidentally, the writer of that message himself recognized that it was not meant for the forum: http://forums.adobe.com/message/1908626#1908626

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines