Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

reset to new member - why?

Engaged ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my profile says new member since Jun 04, 2015

As i've been a member for over 6 years, with a few emails still knocking about from 5 years ago, i'm asking someone in adobe to have a look into this, reset my join date to when i actually joined, and return the millions of points that have disappeared. Maybe even give me a reason as to what happened.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jul 05, 2015 Jul 05, 2015

thanks for explaining.

I'm sure you'll understand that it just adds to my belief that Adobe is disorganised and messing up on many fronts.

How can a user be expected to magically know these things. if you log in to a companys website, and talk to people in their forums, you expect NOT to be signed up to another forum, in another dept, that has no connection to where you started. Obviously.

Its another level of complexity, and confusion, that just shouldnt exist. Whichever manager implimented this m

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, your profile says Member Since January 11, 2006.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 03, 2015 Jul 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, and yes you are right.

Unfortunately, so am I !!!!!

Even though i log in with ONE email account, it seems Adobe has TWO destinations.

When i fired off a question to adobe (i dont remember what links i pressed, but i started at adobe.com) i ended up having a conversation in this forum, http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/community-forum

where my profile states NEW

Jun 04, 2015
weird!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2015 Jul 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'other' forum is specifically for Marketing Cloud - it's a totally separate product line so it's in a separate forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 05, 2015 Jul 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for explaining.

I'm sure you'll understand that it just adds to my belief that Adobe is disorganised and messing up on many fronts.

How can a user be expected to magically know these things. if you log in to a companys website, and talk to people in their forums, you expect NOT to be signed up to another forum, in another dept, that has no connection to where you started. Obviously.

Its another level of complexity, and confusion, that just shouldnt exist. Whichever manager implimented this mess should be shot asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2015 Jul 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the result of where the products came from. Marketing Cloud is the new name for Omniture, along with a few other recently-purchased companies such as Day Software. There's zero crossover with the 'conventional' Adobe products and services, and there was already an active support community before the brand names changed, with separate teams of staff and experts, and importantly almost totally separate customer bases. It makes life easier for both sides if the conversations aren't jumbled together, plus the MC forum runs on MC's own software so the two websites can't simply be merged. They need features we don't, and vice versa.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 06, 2015 Jul 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hum?! you seem to have missed the point completely.

I signed up to Adobe.com years ago. Not to any of the other companies/places you've mentioned. Most definitely not to Omniture, nor to *any* cloud nonsense. So while I agree that integrating an existing user base into a parent company needs to be done with caution (as keeping them separate is just inefficient and ridiculous) I *still* have no answer as to why i suddenly appear to be a member of an another dept of adobe - with zero history.

I've worked in companies where numerous lists of users existed. And it was *always* the same 2 reasons: 1) Total ineptitude of IT staff - they simply didn’t have the brains/skills to consolidate lists. 2) Middle management in pissing wars - desperately trying to build empires at the detriment of the company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2015 Jul 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You created an AdobeID customer account which is used to access all of the company's products and services, exactly the same as an account at Google logs you in to everything from Gmail to YouTube. There is no separate login for any of Adobe's websites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why did you reply? you state the obvious, add nothing to the discussion, and waste everyones time! why?

do you get points for commenting in threads?

is there some competition about the amount of comments you make?

Its annoying!

Adobe has me listed as an old member (here) and a new member (another adobe forum) - there is no sensible explanation that covers this situation. And people stating "water is wet. Snow is cold. etc" just doesnt help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a discussion forum. If you don't want replies, stop asking questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you dont like people pointing out your timewasting comments are timewasting - stop wasting people time with your timewasting comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2015 Jul 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dave explained why things are the way they are.  But since you already know all this, why are you asking?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Dave, this is what I see in your profile:

00aprofile.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines