• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search results

LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2014 Feb 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When one performs a search using the Ask a Question box, one receives results such as this:

aaerror.JPG

For me, it isn't very useful to know how many people like or dislike each presented thread; I would very much prefer to see the number of answers received by each question. When I am looking for help, I find it very frustrating, and a terrible waste of time, to open one thread after another only to find that the question has not been answered.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is strange, Claudio.

I have never seen anything like that when I have used the (Don't) Ask a Question, which I do quite regularly, probably about once a day on average.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob, I have just asked for "jacob" and these are the first four results:

aaaerror.JPG

IE 11/Win 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And this is what I got when asking the same question in Chrome, which I use very rarely:

aaberror.JPG

Unfortunately, I am out of town and don't have access to my Mac, but memory seems to indicate that results were the same as in my previous message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2014 Feb 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the same steps in each browser? What you are showing in the last reply (Chrome) is what you should see if you just type in a phrase and do NOT hit enter/return. You get five results and a blue "Submit question" button in the search field.

In your original message you show the results you get if you type in a phrase and press enter/return to go to a search results page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2014 Feb 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha! You are right. I never knew that a simple Enter could make such a difference...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2014 Feb 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some things that could be improved in the presentation of search results:

1. If one clicks on the See More Results button, then the formatting changes to that in my message #2.
  2. If one looks at one result and it isn't what one expected, the back button does not take one back to the list of results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2014 Feb 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

If one looks at one result and it isn't what one expected, the back button does not take one back to the list of results.

That applies until you click See More Results. For that reason I always open in a new Tab, unless I have moved on to See More Results.

And I always (try to remember to) avoid clicking the Enter button there, so successfully that I only have a vague memory of unluck befalling me if I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob,

I think that it was probably you, or maybe John T. Smith, who pointed out the See More Results, to me. I was cursing and pulling my hair out, before that little tip.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill, I think it was I (still old speak).

Claudio (and Bill), by the way, have you noticed what happens if you use the Ask a Question search (without going further), then try to avoid the often double use of the back arrow by clicking the bookmark to get back to the forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes; I am taken back to the main page of this forum, where my bookmark points. And frankly, I am fed up of having to remember dozens of tricks to perform simple tasks that in other (non-Adobe) forums work automatically and flawlessly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

Yes; I am taken back to the main page of this forum, where my bookmark points.

Now that is strange: when I do it, nothing happens, nothing at all. I am just stuck with the search page, unless I click another Bookmark, and then the right one for the forum, which is merely another kind double clicking.

You may notice that the URL is unchanged, identical to the one of the forum page, until you click a search item or the See More Results which changes the URL.

I believe that is also the explanation for your being thrown back to the forum rather than the search when you click a post and then use the back arrow.

But if you can use the forum page Bookmark to get back there is a significant difference in how things work for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jacob, thanks, but my failing memory cannot take the dozens of workarounds that are needed to navigate these forums. Unless the announced update corrects a substancial number of the existing BUGS (and they are bugs), I am seriously thinking of giving up. Not that it will upset much those who control (?) this mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines