Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Size of edit window

Oct 10, 2009 Oct 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was replying to a post and noted the edit window scrolling left to right.  I checked my screen resolution and noted that my children had lowered it to 1024x768 from my usual 1280x1024.

Why doesn't the edit window scale itself to the screen resolution?  Either that or make it less wide to accomodate the not so small size of 1024x768 for those users whose eyes are not what they used to be. 

Does this happen to anyone else, or am I alone in my experience?

hopper

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 11, 2009 Oct 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure it would help. I'd like Jochem to concentrate on getting things fixed rather than moderating, but that's for different reasons.

Lots of hugely valuable contributors have left - Adobe doesn't care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the moderator of this Forum plus other (Heavyboots is one) have the ability to find the fix. They just add those lines of code to their code. if Adobe/Jive would implement it.

Even I with my simple site I have sense enough to have the heights and widths Float.  I ran into problem of Preset sizes early on when I was webmaster for the VPEA.org Website (before they switched to Joumulla(?) a java based Format). I would create a specific size and with one size monitor you would have to move side to side as well as up and down or for those with a large monitor everything would have some much wasted space on the sides. I was always getting complaints why does it look this way, or that way.  After I quit specifying heights and widths, those complaints.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't blame it all on this website. There are many that don't scale that I see. This forum is just one example.

I just wonder with the new ATI 5870 card that links serveral monitors together if this grey will streach across 3 or 4 monitors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dec9 wrote:

Can't blame it all on this website. There are many that don't scale that I see. This forum is just one example.

I just wonder with the new ATI 5870 card that links serveral monitors together if this grey will streach across 3 or 4 monitors.

ahhh, but that's not the point!  This forum, the webx version that is, scaled properly, it's just this new format that doesn't.

In my view, the company that has the flagship web authoring program should, at the very least, have the most industry standard, validated, properly formatted site on the web.  They don't.

I don't feel this site represents Adobe well in either their graphic format or their web design format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. I just scratched the surface. Your reasoning is deeper then mine. So if Adobe claims to be the flagship then they need to walk the talk. The talk is not a funky website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly!

Plus, the left/right scrolling in the reply window is very annoying when the words are attempting to wrap and display badly on the wrap.  It displays properly when viewed, just goofy when typing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shunithD wrote:

plainers. Truly incredible!!!

Though, Jochem seems to be less visible of late... summer vacation?

Maybe he realised he' wasting his talent with this bunch of  ****.

He might be a dodgy mod but he's not stupid.

There comes a time when even the most dedicated defender of the faith must say to himself, " Why am I wasting my time with a loser?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 11, 2009 Oct 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

stuck thread bump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines