• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow, slow, slow (III) !

LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2008 Mar 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thread with this name that was closed with no explanation did serve a useful purpose, so I am opening a new one to replace it.

Speed is back to normal now, and if there was a shutdown, I wasn't here to witness it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 574 Replies 574
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2009 Feb 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and thanks must be given to Phil for his oh-so-useful advice. I'm sure the Adobe V.P.'s will be calling a meeting to discuss your recommendations this afternoon.

8/ %D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phil,

You'd actually be surprised at the "size" requirements for drives in this kind of environment.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a new one here ,user experienced is fine,No slow connections yet,usually my visit here slow because it has too much cookie active in the history

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you specify which GIF files and CSS are coming from another server? Each of the servers in the cluster has all the content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

J.C.

Have you played with the Firebug add-on for Firefox? I'm just starting to have a go with it, but I'm already finding it pretty amazing. I've just barely scratched the surface of what it can do.

It offers an extraordinary amount of information that you and the team may find useful, if you aren't already utilizing something similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Can you specify which GIF files and CSS are coming from another server?

Naturally not: I was tagging on to the previous post.

As the pages load (when they do load) they often display for a period without formatting and then for another period without the little symbols.

Can we seriously expect thing to get better if WebX know they're losing the contact?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I understand it the WebX people have been fully professional and co-operative so let's not be unkind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2009 Mar 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IF you have a chance to see it ,I think you should not have to miss the chances,move and follow there directions to -re register,that will make you problem free from this forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From this person's profile:

>I am SEO level and Love to share

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?224@@4ad15dbd@.59b4b15a/557

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 20, 2009 Mar 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Miserably slow, virtually unusable now.

Guess they want to ease us into the new forums. :/

Time to take a loooooooooooooong break away from this mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zipping along here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While the "New and Improved" are as turgid and lumpy as Bird's Custard!
:(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not for me, haven't had any speed issues either side since the preview came in - but then I rarely do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New/test is consistently slow for me (Vancouver WA) at home on DSL or at work on shared T3

Right now, old webx is variable for me in both places... sometimes click and forum or page shows in a second or so, other times upwards of 20 seconds

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>are as turgid and lumpy as Bird's Custard!

you just have to make it correctly Ann. B) then pour it over your xmas pudding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope!

I use Brandy Butter (known as "Hard Sauce" by our American friends) for that!

🙂 :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My parents were Seventh-day Adventists and did not drink so we used custard. You will have to send me the Brandy Butter recipe so I can try it. B)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another handy use for the private message system in the new forums... :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple:

Beat butter and icing sugar until the mixture looks white; and then add enough brandy to make it creamy and spreadable.

Wonderful on Mince Pies too!

:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Another handy use for the private message system in the new forums...

No, they are another BAD idea and will have the effect of preventing the sharing of information among a wider circle of participants.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Seventh-day Adventists

They had them in Wales, too? %(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 21, 2009 Mar 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>No, they are another BAD idea and will have the effect of preventing the sharing of information among a wider circle of participants.

bingo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 24, 2009 Mar 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If enough people ask for a Purchase Order before answering questions via private messages it should be OK. The good use of them would be for Adobe folks to request more specific information or serial numbers or private contact information from a user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 30, 2009 Mar 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
>Seventh-day Adventists
They had them in Wales, too?

Yup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines