• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow, slow, slow (III) !

LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2008 Mar 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thread with this name that was closed with no explanation did serve a useful purpose, so I am opening a new one to replace it.

Speed is back to normal now, and if there was a shutdown, I wasn't here to witness it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 574 Replies 574
Advocate ,
Mar 16, 2008 Mar 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other one was obviously going way off topic, Claudio, I'd have thought you would be pleased it was closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are we there yet?

(I mean has the server reboot happened?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>The other one was obviously going way off topic, Claudio, I'd have thought you would be pleased it was closed.

For my part, and I believe for the other participants in the silliness, the OT posts were a gift to Claudio. I think the world of Claudio, but he frequently expresses alarm at the slightest deviation from a thread's original topic. I just wanted him to see an example of what genuine thread drift looked like, in the hopes that minor deviations might not appear so threatening in the future.

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> ... frequently expresses alarm at the slightest deviation from a thread's original topic

Brutus, for me it depends very heavily on the type of drifting, and I also do some drifting myself:

Kath Howard3, "Still no supervision in the French and Spanish forums?" #342, 10 Mar 2008 6:31 am

and see also messages 9 through 19 in the now closed Slow, slow, slow! topic.

However, I strongly oppose to drifting involving personal attacks, which is quite a different matter. I don't express alarm when I see it happen in this particular forum, I express my clear protest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

b Faster
than changing channels on the TV now. :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramón,

Next time it is slow, you may find the time to read the Resumen in Ecología Política.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even getting into the forums in Spanish is faster now....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 17, 2008 Mar 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do the people in charge of the coldfusion based adobe STORE realize they're driving business away by having each page take up to 30 seconds to load?

doubt it...

<rant />

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I very much doubt it, as Adobe is usually very sensitive to anything touching their purse. The other explanation -that they are so proud with what they see as a much improved look of their site that they do not mind the enormous loss in speed- seems quite a lot less likely to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have personally had public and private correspondence with Adobe managers regarding the slowness of the Adobe store. Incredible as it seems, it appears that the Adobe bureaucracy doesn't let them fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramón, if the bureaucracy you are talking about is responsible for the new look of the site, my second explanation could then be the right one XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

The structure of the Adobe bureaucracy appears to be such that there is no longer any communication among the responsible parties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no claudio, ramón's right, it's been this way for a while (edit: the store, i don't know about the bureaucracy). i was just reminded of it today and wanted to rant somewhere. i know john's people aren't responsible for over there but if he ever talks to them, maybe he can mention that btw, the store site sucks!

don't they stop to consider that when people are buying they don't want pretty flash and upppy downy menus and sluggish performance where they might wind up double clicking somewhere were they might get charged multiple times? they want fast and accurate. period. AFTER you get that then you can THINK about adding frills.

I wonder why so many site designers (and i'm a corporate site designer) never put themselves in the user's seat and say: would i put up with this if it were (for example) my bank? or some place I would want to buy something at? or would i look elsewhere? i can go to amazon and usually get a break on adobe products anyway over the site's prices. are they actively TRYING to drive customers away? if they are, it's working. good job someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2008 Mar 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn't agree more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well said dave!

It's unbelievable that a company that sells some of the best creative tools can have such a sucky web site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe should be highly embarrassed to have the website that they do!

Terrible interface; terrible graphics; terrible slow FrozenFusion software driving it; and a terrible shopping experience for anyone who tries to order from their on-line store.

It is very hard to believe that the company that hires people of the calibre that can produce such magnificent software as they have in the Creative Suites can hire the blithering idiots that have designed the Adobe Website!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know whether they are of such caliber or not They haven't figured out since the first day they started how to read MS Office formatting codes. after 15 or so years MS decide to take matters in their own hands in Office2008 and directly change MS Documents in PDF's Through the Save AS... by use of a Translator. :-\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>It is very hard to believe that the company that hires people of the calibre that can produce such magnificent software as they have in the Creative Suites can hire the blithering idiots that have designed the Adobe Website!

Marketing departments are full of...erm...marketers.

They're the same no matter where you go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 23, 2008 Mar 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Performance has been erratic, mostly poor, since Thursday or Friday and over the weekend. I just hope this is not a harbinger of worse things to come. :|

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 24, 2008 Mar 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> a harbinger of worse things to come.

Thinking that was a bit tautological, I looked it up.

I hadn't realised its original meaning:

"A person sent in advance to procure lodgings for an army, a royal train, etc. Now only Hist., and as title of an officer of the gentlemen-at-arms."

(From French: herbergier provide lodging for.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 25, 2008 Mar 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's is still erratic here in UK.

Sometimes lightning fast; sometimes minutes to load pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Speed is variable over here right now, but mostly slower than usual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe probably to save money, since they are providing this service to keep users out of their hair; are using as few servers and as small hard drive space as they can get away with. What is need is more servers with larger drives to take care of all the Traffic, but since they are providing these groups to keep down us nuisance users, they don't have their heart in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Adobe probably to save money, since they are providing this service to keep users out of their hair; are using as few servers and as small hard drive space as they can get away with. What is need is more servers with larger drives to take care of all the Traffic, but since they are providing these groups to keep down us nuisance users, they don't have their heart any it.

Dude. Where do you come up with these things?

It' slow even during the slow times of day as well as heavy traffic times. Has nothing to do with traffic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines