• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow, slow, slow (III) !

LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2008 Mar 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thread with this name that was closed with no explanation did serve a useful purpose, so I am opening a new one to replace it.

Speed is back to normal now, and if there was a shutdown, I wasn't here to witness it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 574 Replies 574
LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2008 Oct 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been wonky on and off the last few days for me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been wonky on and off the last few days for me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See? Told ya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Must be those "few erta seconds."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello graffiti, I have seen double postings before but, how did you manage to post the second (at 8:03) before the first (at 8:04)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hit post and nothing happened. I copied the test then went back to the main page, hit refresh to check and see if I posted. Nothing was there so I reposted. For some reason, the second post got time stamped before the first. Even after the second post, the first wasn't showing yet.

Kind of bizarre.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2008 Oct 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He's actually Clark Kent in disguise. 🙂 we all know Clark Kent's alter ego was. :-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 10, 2008 Oct 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>we all know Clark Kent's alter ego was

We do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The eyeglasses have me completely stumped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just like the tongue licky smiley? :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 14, 2008 Oct 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sure has been slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dogging here to. north east, PA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(too)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intermittently unusable here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 15, 2008 Oct 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this helps anyone else, but I've found that when the site gets slow for me, if I hit my browser's HOME button and then (once that page is displayed) immediately hit the BACK button, the site will respond quickly again (for a while). This works about 70% of the time.

BTW that's Wondoze XP using IE7 (I know, I know, but it's a work machine, so I don't get to install a different browser). Grrr. . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has hiccuped a couple of times over here in the last 15 minutes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first time in was very slow tonight. However I have been moving SeaMonkey and it profile over to another Hard Drive. the original Drive I had it on started having an invalid leaf count error and some applications system applications were not opening. I thin I may have fixed the problem with fsck from Single User mode. The applications did start working but I am unsure for how long.

Guess it was getting adjusted to ne machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 16, 2008 Oct 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 16, 2008 Oct 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Near unusable at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 18, 2008 Oct 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lightroom U2U forum might as well not exist today because the response is absolutely terrible.

(West of Chicago about 40 miles on Comcast.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 18, 2008 Oct 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I've started doing is reading subscriptions in four different Firefox tabs. While I'm skimming through one thread, the next one is loading. That way I can minimise the wait, usually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 19, 2008 Oct 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to have picked up this morning. The slowness was downright painful yesterday. Anyone know *why* it was so slow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2008 Oct 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, most days opening even long threads will take less than 3 seconds, from "Click" to "loading complete."

For the past couple weeks I'm not even close to that. Sometimes it's kind of reasonable (like, under 6-7 seconds), but I've seen a lot of times where it takes 15-30 seconds before the page even starts loading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 20, 2008 Oct 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's very wonkey in NE PA right now. click. wait. sometimes times out. then it starts working very fast for a couple minutes. then dogging again... etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines