• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow, slow, slow (III) !

LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2008 Mar 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thread with this name that was closed with no explanation did serve a useful purpose, so I am opening a new one to replace it.

Speed is back to normal now, and if there was a shutdown, I wasn't here to witness it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 574 Replies 574
Mar 27, 2008 Mar 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<sigh>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Don't Adobe buy their own servers and put this bulletin Board og PHPbb.

Our Electronics association uses a bulletin board and it run through the latest version of version 5 of PHP using a system called PHPbb

Looks Great operates pats doesn't look ver much different than what we have now here. only its consistent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> What Don't Adobe buy their own servers and put this bulletin Board og PHPbb.

now you're just being silly. stop it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I am not being silly. I belong to an Organization that has a website with Forum. And they use PHPbb to run the forums. I can go in any time sign and have it remeber me. And when I click on the particular forum it opens up it has subject with new replies highlight. the whole process getting in Takes less time than it does in these forums.

I ma being dead serious.

What's silly about it.

Load up, Apache, SQL or My SQL, and PHP and have at it.

if you use a Mac or Linux box you can even use cPanle to control everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pjonesCET wrote:
> What's silly about it.
>
No newsreader support!
Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pj, these forums (the ones at adobeforums.com) are usually lightning fast, and very reliable -I don't remember when I had to login for the last time. They do hiccup every now and then, but I know of no "perfect" site. There is no need to change anything, and experience has shown that all the more or less recent changes have been for the worse.

This particular thread is for reporting those occasional slownesses that may have passed unnoticed to Forums Operations. They usually respond very quickly, if only to report a restart of the servers for whatever reason. I am surprised that they haven't said anything about this erratic behaviour now extending for several days.

I would suggest that if you want to discuss other ways of handling the traffic of these forum -surely quite a lot heavier than that of your Organization website with Forum- you open a new thread. By posting your long messages here you are only making it difficult for all of us to keep track of what is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr Jones

Do you have the vaguest idea about the complexity and size of all these forums?

You're not the first person naive enough to think it's that easy though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Speed had been fairly decent although variable, but I have just had to wait for over a minute to open this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>You don't like daylight saving?

An unnecessary evil, confusing body and soul.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2008 Mar 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Started OK some minutes ago, then speed started decreasing progressively. Somewhat erratic right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>What's silly about it.

the responses from the past attempts to move OFF of web crossing. :)

some slowness starting up again. makes me wonder if there's something being run around this time in the am (say ~10am EDT).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very erratic, mostly terribly slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Three minutes to complete posting the above messsage. And 15 seconds for this one the first time, 35 seconds the second time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

It perked up for a bit but now its slow again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The responsiveness of the Lightroom forum has been very erratic the last few days.

Right now it (usually) takes 15-30 seconds to get from the generic U2U page to that forum. From there, viewing threads can be slow or fast. There doesn't appear to be a pattern.

I'm on a fast Comcast cable modem located about 40 miles west of Chicago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> "Right now it (usually) takes 15-30 seconds to get from the generic U2U page to that forum."

Just curious for a show of hands:

Who here doesn't have a folder of bookmarks that link directly to one or more individual Forum index pages, but instead always enter through a link further up the U2U hierarchy?

I couldn't even imagine starting on the "generic U2U page" every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE SOMEBODY BOUNCE THE SERVERS BEFORE YOU GO HOME FOR THE WEEKEND!!! :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe someone did... Pretty fast here right now.

Juergen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still very variable here. Opening a page is taking anything between 2 and 30 seconds.

4 Mbps cable connection, Santiago (Chile).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problems. runs ok for about 5 minutes then back to a crawl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think they need decoking. ;)

PS: The slowness not only annoys the regulars, it puts people off posting their problems, thereby defeating the whole purpose of the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice ps windows forum seems like it hasn't been getting near as many posts as usual today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several forums subscribed and use the message center. It sometimes takes up to a minute to show the list, but thereafter it's pretty fast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 29, 2008 Mar 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just find it unbelievable that every other web site I visit has faster loading pages than these Adobe forums. Is this a deliberate slow-down, so that we welcome the new format when it comes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines