• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow, slow, slow (III) !

LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2008 Mar 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thread with this name that was closed with no explanation did serve a useful purpose, so I am opening a new one to replace it.

Speed is back to normal now, and if there was a shutdown, I wasn't here to witness it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 574 Replies 574
LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2008 Apr 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> But John has told us repeatedly that we are NOT going to be converted to ColdFusion.

He signed an NDA. He wasn't allowed to tell us.

Supposed to happen about noon Pacific time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm watching the clock.

This is going to be awesome!

(took over a minute to get in here from a direct link.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

over a minute here too! jebbers. someone fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ten minutes to noon and counting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone else hear that Europe song "The Final Countdown" in their head?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe they are still on Standard Time? Going pretty fast here (SW Florida, Comcast).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With a project this big, they're bound to be running behind schedule.

But it DOES explain JC's absence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would say that speed is back to normal now. I wonder for how long this time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yup. unfortunately, it's time for bed. :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 02, 2008 Apr 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it was not fast this morning. In fact for a while there I couldn't even connect as the server stopped responding. I can connect now but it still takes longer than it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fairly fast over here at the moment; almost normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the last group of post from 7 EDT last night,to this post. for me are now almost instantaneous. I've go all my fingers, Toes crossed along with my legs. Maybe they will stick for more than a day or two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost unusable at this time. :(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

48 seconds "waiting for adobeforums.com" plus a further 15 seconds to fully open the main page of the Acrobat Mac forum. Curiously, almost no time in coming from there to here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the betting that these slowdowns (which we never had to put up with in the past) is the result of Adobe filling their pages with all that unnecessary Flash and their horrible gray background image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 03, 2008 Apr 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nil to zero. i see the slowdowns mostly on standard forum pages where there is no bg image and no flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup.

However, the pages seem to load in two chunks when it's slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, speed is very erratic here at the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>However, the pages seem to load in two chunks when it's slow.

agreed. when it's slow, i click a link, then the page goes white and the back arrow lights in my browser (indicating the page is loaded in the browser's history). i can sit there and wait up to a minute or more for the rest of the page to load, or press back and forward quickly on the browser bar (or alt-left arrow, alt-right arrow on the keyboard) and the page will load instantly. very VERY odd. like there's something on the page that it's timing out for, but i can't see what that might be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I brag too soon I received 1 whole day from 7PM EDT Tues to 7pm EDT Wednesday all post were lightning fast. Then the very last post I read which was at 7:02 PM EDT was so slow I could pour cold molasses just out of cold refrigerator, 5 times faster. Been that way every since.

Although I I'm on a DSL line and a slow DSL at that. I don't believe that's the problem. Because other Forums similar to this one. Yahoo User groups, others usinf PHPbb and pther all load and open fast and at a constant rate. I still believe there is a problem with the software (perhaps at WebCcrossing) that polls the different server banks they use and it loses track Seems like they nedd optimizing or at least De-fragmenting.

These forum by Adobe. And the ones for Macromedia are the only two I have this problem with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't recall any such unstability lasting for so long -over a week now- without anyone explaining what is happening, or at least saying that they are working at it.

JC, Dorothy, are you there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm around but have no answers nor have I been having similar problems. John did say that they restarted the server a number of days ago, but that was since this string started.

I know you can't get all the way here, but folks might try doing tracert's to see if there are other slow downs in the system between them and the forum firewall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

66 seconds to get in here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And then 10 seconds to post the above message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since these reports are coming from East coast to West coast and from Chile to Europe I think it's got be something in the way the servers are loading the pages at Web Crossing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines