• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow, slow, slow (III) !

LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2008 Mar 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thread with this name that was closed with no explanation did serve a useful purpose, so I am opening a new one to replace it.

Speed is back to normal now, and if there was a shutdown, I wasn't here to witness it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 574 Replies 574
Advocate ,
Apr 23, 2008 Apr 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no problems here. Not gloating, just saying it seems localised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 23, 2008 Apr 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was dodgy in this part of the UK all yesterday. I was beginning to doubt my connection but it tested at 4.3 Mbps.

You may just have hit the good periods Kath.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2008 Apr 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is much faster now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

better, but if i go away for awhile and hit reload when i come back i get a delay and "looking up adobeforums.com" error. almost like a DNS kinda thing. i'd say it was comcast (my home provider) messing with traffic if it weren't for 2 things. the time last night was outside of peak (11:20 according to the timestamp above) and 2 i saw the same thing this morning here from work where they don't use comcast as the isp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>You may just have hit the good periods Kath.

Could be, this is the first time I've tried for many hours - but I *always* hit the good bits??????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I had two items that I could watch grass grow or paint dry. but the rest so far seem fast. This message loaded fast. but message about "cropping and deleting exta space gras in my yard gre 2" before it loaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intermittent but frequent slow access and the occasional "site not found" timeout here over the past 2-3 weeks. Adobeforums.com only -- no other site I visit regularly has exhibited this problem in that time period.

I've taken to warning those to whom I provide links to discussions here that they might have to be patient and keep trying.

Just had two timeouts trying to get here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath and I seem to sit in the good corners.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can sit on the park bench I started painting just as this message was loading and its quite dry. 😉 (Just joking- but it did take 5 minutes to load)!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over the past few days, maybe longer:

C 2...glacial...
C 2...glacial...
C 2...glacial...
C 2...glacial...
C 2...glacial...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a feeling there are some DoS/DNS attacks going on all over the 'tubes. Ive been experiencing speed anomalies at quite a few places I visit regularly, and which are usually pretty speedy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>here are some DoS/DNS attacks going on all over the 'tubes

you're on comcast too huh phos? :)

they call it "traffic shaping".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, Dave...and generally, I'm thoroughly pleased with their utilities (TV/Tubes/Phone).

Their customer service people have been really helpful, the few times I've needed them, even though I often have to educate them on some of the more esoteric stuff. I'm always happy when I can get connected to an engineer...less terminology translation is needed.

But I can't make any sense of the weirdness here, especially, or bum connections anywhere else for that matter. It's partially because I don't know enough to pin the causes down, and partially because it's not something I should have to be concerned with, so I don't bother. All I care about is that it works, is stable, and generally as fast as advertised.

99.9% of the time, it does what it says on the tin.

:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing I have seen is whole pages of posts appearing in bold or italic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 25, 2008 Apr 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"waiting for www.adobeforums.com"...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"waiting for www.adobeforums.com"...

>C:\>ping www.adobeforums.com

>Pinging adobeforums.com [64.62.177.101] with 32 bytes of data:

>Request timed out.

>Request timed out.

>Request timed out.

>Request timed out.

>Ping statistics for 64.62.177.101:

> Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also receive that message.

Today on this message is slow again.

Oh don't use Cable modem, I use DSL service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The security system at the ISP doesn't accept pings or traceroutes. I believe that they always time out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> The security system at the ISP doesn't accept pings or traceroutes

ah so thats out. but still get the waiting for message. it took like 5 mins for this to come up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The delays are unconscionable.

Fix it, or stick an M80 up the collective arse of Adobeforums.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have they got a better company than WebCrossing to handle the Forums?

Maybe they need to start looking? :-(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I have experienced some of the slowdowns being discussed, I have not seen any yesterday or today.

There are plans to add more hardware, but contracts need to be ironed out and things like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whoo! i can kick in 10 bux or so for a processor upgrade! :)

(just kidding!)

I'm not convinced the slowdowns are adobe traffic related (where a hardware upgrade would help) as opposed to tie ups at the isp/backbone level. still hardware upgrades couldn't hurt (famous last words!)

I thinking of dropping a sniffer on my end and seeing if i'm getting many of those infamous comcast RST's...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One word:

Unusable!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines