• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow...

Engaged ,
Aug 02, 2009 Aug 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Slow as molasses today... Posting is even slower than a snail.

Was looking for an earlier thread but was sooo slow to find that i just started a new one... sorry about that.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 190 Replies 190
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2009 Sep 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dec9 wrote:

For now it is faster. Until the caffeine IV runs out.

Caffeine is so-so. Speed would be faster

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eight seconds to the main page of this forum, eight seconds to open the message window. This is definitely on the fast side of the slowness.

Incidentally, could someone please explain to this non native English speakers how do gerbils get into this picture? To the best of my knowledge, we are talking about a wild rodent of the arid regions of Africa and Asia. I wouldn't expect it to be easily found in Europe or the USA, and I have never seen one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

Eight seconds to the main page of this forum, eight seconds to open the message window. This is definitely on the fast side of the slowness.

Incidentally, could someone please explain to this non native English speakers how do gerbils get into this picture? To the best of my knowledge, we are talking about a wild rodent of the arid regions of Africa and Asia. I wouldn't expect it to be easily found in Europe or the USA, and I have never seen one.

I think it started a long time ago with the image of Hamsters in little wheels driving the generators which power the feeble adobe servers – and developed from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and there are other derivatives:  squirrels, rats, mice .... all running happily on the little spinning wheels that keep things moving! 

Adobe clearly needs the critters on steroids!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, John and Hopper.

I did think of hamsters in their wheels, but getting from hamsters to gerbils was a bit too much for my imagination. In any case, I would think that the problem is mostly with the new but outdated software than with the poor little animals providing the power to run the engines... With no chance of an update in the near future? http://forums.adobe.com/message/2270553#2270553

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, for me it was the image of gerbils. However, a biologist corrected me. These were hamsters in the wheels. My bad...

Still, I think that I am correct that they were holding out for more Rat Chow, or similar for hamsters. Recently, Adobe must have relented, as the speed climbed. Happy hamsters?

Today, 09-26-09, the hamsters (still think they are gerbils, and that biologist can take a hike) must have gone back on strike. Maybe the Rat Chow allocations were just not good enough. Should Adobe look to some "green and healthy" hamster/gerbil chow? Not sure, but there was a big slowdown today, and with everyone else watching Tiger try to mount a charge in the Fed-X and the college football games, you'd think of a slow day in San Jose. Maybe the gerbils were watching the San Jose Banana Slugs fight it out with the Los Gatos Jr. College "fighting asparagus?" BTW, what is the plural of asparagus - asparagum, asparagi? Still, quite slow again.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 30, 2009 Sep 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't been on here in 4 days and I swear it took almost that long just to log on here and post. 50 minutes....is this the new log on time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try WD-40 on the electrical connector on your video card. Worked for me.

Ozzwoman9 wrote:

I haven't been on here in 4 days and I swear it took almost that long just to log on here and post. 50 minutes....is this the new log on time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dec9 wrote:

Try WD-40 on the electrical connector on your video card. Worked for me.

Ozzwoman9 wrote:

I work/worked on Electronics. The absolute worst thing you can put on connectors are WD-40. WD-40 is oil based. It primary ingredient is an oil wist an anti rust  ingredient.

If you put anything at all go to Radio Shack or similar an get Tuner Cleaner or Contact Cleaner. Careful with silicone based cleaners, they can melt some types of plastics.

Message was edited by: Phillip Jones Please note information is given by a User of Adobe products. I am not an employee of Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 01, 2009 Oct 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PJ,

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sarcasm

Harbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know what  sarcasm is, and know the the intent at the original disccussion was sarcasm. But since the Forums are now known as simply Forums, It sounds like a great idea. So I am including it in every support question I answer. New people comming to this venue, even, if they were to read the Blurb at the beginning of the Forums page, may not get that this is a User to User Forum and  would believe that everyone here is an employee. Even, I as long as I've been on the groups about 6-7 years or more had to read it two times before I figured out they were saying it was not employee to user. And while I may not can spell I can read.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip, I know I can only speak for myself, but here it goes anyway.

You had already quoted here 27. the blurb we were gently reminded again by a helpful moderator, and I fully agree with you in that the text is absolutely -and probably intentionally- misleading about the nature of this Forum. Not counting the fact that, as you so rightly point, nobody reads such texts, and even less newcomers coming in looking for urgent help with a for them vital problem. So I see nothing wrong in your lonely campaign you have started to stress the fact that these are strictly User to User forums and, as Graph wrote in that thread, treating the matter with humor as you have done is the right spirit. Do continue your campaign if you feel like it, as I continue mine of posting in Verdana; perhaps with time you'll see some others joining you.

As to the many jokes you are played by other participants, I consider them mostly goodhearted and free of malign malice (sorry if this sounds redundant; English is not my native language). I must say that you are prone to leave the door open for receiving such jokes, and I am probably guilty of not avoiding the temptation much more than once. However, I very much doubt that there is anyone around here who has any real animosity against you. So my advice would be to take them lightly, and not try to defend yourself to any of them as if they were deliberate offenses. I know that none of mine has ever had the intention of being offensive; and if any one has, I heartily apologize.

I think you are a good and well intentioned man, and I appreciate your contributions in these Forums, although I cannot help smiling at some of them. My impression is that most other participants feel similarly, so don't feel too badly if some of their jokes are heavy handed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LMAO, I bet you check your blinker fluid often too don't you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PJ,

I was not referring to your edit. (I didn't even see it, as I read

responses by email.)

I was trying to tell you that Dec was joking about the WD40. But

apparently that went over your head...

Harbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harbs. wrote:

PJ,

I was not referring to your edit. (I didn't even see it, as I read 

responses by email.)

I was trying to tell you that Dec was joking about the WD40. But 

apparently that went over your head...

Harbs

Well, your message appears as posted in response to PJ... So no, your joke did not go over his head; I also thought you were addressing him, and therefore we did not take it as a joke directed to other person.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

God will get me for this.

http://www.geocities.com/changeyourblinkerfluid/

Sorry, I know I am a tad off topic but life got the best of me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I LOVE page two about the rice, we see that very often on cars with 6+inch mufflers sticking out the back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dec9 wrote:

God will get me for this.

http://www.geocities.com/changeyourblinkerfluid/

Sorry, I know I am a tad off topic but life got the best of me.

Is your link a joke that goes up above my head? Or perhaps some kind of reference to what hapens here???

Y.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we keep this thread on the topic of forum speed please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you on this request.

Over here, downloading times have been in the 8-10 seconds, on the low side on the slowness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 05, 2009 Oct 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, I had to restrain my instinct to rage , I realized that this could have been a simple "you all are idiots, thread locked!" but it wasn't.  What's going on here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has just taken me 30 seconds to open the main page of this forum. Much longer than the usual 8-15 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the jivemess* is particularly slow today.  Someone start another sacrifice to the Jive gods (preferably a mod ) so we can get this thing moving again.

*I refuse to call this pathetic excuse for software a "web forum" any longer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be waiting for wwwimages.adobe.com according to the status bar.

And apparently, as strange as that looks, that location is correct?  images.adobe.com doesn't resolve at all while wwwimages.adobe.com does..

But it's still slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines