• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

So excited about upcoming CS5! Can someone answer a few questions?

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2010 Apr 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so eager to try out the CS5 Master collection! But I have a few dilemas and questions. (as I am sure a lot of others do)

#1, I have purchased two Premium suites. CS3 Web Premium when it came out and CS4 Production earlier this year. (in February) ... Does anybody know what the cheapest way will be to get my hands on CS5 Master Collection? I hope that Adobe will consider a new Upgrade price for those of us who have purchased CS3 and CS4. If not, I guess my best option would be to sell my new CS4 on ebay and upgrade the CS3?

#2, I have 3 computers. (2 laptops, 1 desktop) I will need my Adobe products on at least two of them. -- Does anybody know how well this will work out? Like if I am using Dreamweaver CS5 at the office and forget to log off at the end of the day, will I be able to use it when I get home to my other laptop? Or will I have to drive back to the office and somehow deactivate that copy?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 15, 2010 Apr 15, 2010

John,

I have my workstations and laptop on my LAN. I have my 2 copies of most Adobe programs on the main workstation and the laptop. There have been times that I have accidentally had, say PS open on the laptop, and then opened it on the main workstation. I've completed work, only to find that I had an "oops moment." Seldom happens, but to date, no Adobe "police" at the door, and not even an error/warning message. Now, in these cases, one of the open programs was just sitting idle, as I was on th

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2010 Apr 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize. I think I put this in the wrong forum. -- Couldn't figure out which was the right forum. I guess I should come here more often & figure out how it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 13, 2010 Apr 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go back to the Main Forum and then look for CS in the search Bar. Or type in Search Bar.

SeaMonkeypicture001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 13, 2010 Apr 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your choice on your options.

The software can only be loaded on 2 computers. Only one software package open at a time. Just like CS3 and CS4: Nothing has changed.

As far as leaving your computer on at the office. The adobe product left open running will have to be turned off before you can open it on your laptop. So yes, you will have to drive back to the office and turn your computer off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2010 Apr 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as leaving your computer on at the office. The adobe product left open running will have to be turned off before you can open it on your laptop. So yes, you will have to drive back to the office and turn your computer off.

I've had this situation occasionally in the past and these occasional instances seem more practical and ethical than technical.

If they are on the same network then the software launches a dialogue box preventing two copies being used with the same serial no simultaneously.

However, provided the two computers are not on the same network then I can use DW or Photoshop or whatever at home while it is also inadvertently left open at work.

AFAICS, it's not like the Adobe activation servers are playing Big Brother and monitoring every copy of Creative Suite globally 24/7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2010 Apr 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

I have my workstations and laptop on my LAN. I have my 2 copies of most Adobe programs on the main workstation and the laptop. There have been times that I have accidentally had, say PS open on the laptop, and then opened it on the main workstation. I've completed work, only to find that I had an "oops moment." Seldom happens, but to date, no Adobe "police" at the door, and not even an error/warning message. Now, in these cases, one of the open programs was just sitting idle, as I was on the other machine, but they each were open at the same time - something that I try to not do, just to attempt to comply 100% with the EULA, at least how I understand it.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2010 Apr 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar experience to me, Bill. Perhaps the dialogue boxes warning about simultaneous instances of the same apps with the same serials have disappeared.

My main point was that there's no reason to jump in a car and rush to the office, or even log in remotely, to close an Adobe app just because you inadvertently left it open on a computer in the office.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2010 Apr 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, to date, I have never gotten an error/warning message, in the few instances, where this has happened. In my case, one copy is just sitting idle, so that might have something to do with it.

I agree about not needing to drive back to the office (unless the cleaning crew is using PS?).

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2010 Apr 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for all the answers about if I will have to drive back if I leave a computer on. ... I can't wait to upgrade!

No worries about others using my stuff. (other than my 7 year old daughter, hopefully Adobe doesn't mind a child learning their products) My boss has older versions of Adobe and Macromedia that the rest of the office can use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2010 Apr 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been following this thread, and have a working copy of CS3 academic edition

, which allows an installation on two machines.  Would anyone know if the EULA on CS5's

academic edition will also allow installation on two machines? I've heard the academic

edition may not  allow that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2010 Apr 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I haven't seen the new license. It has been past practice to allow two computer activations on Academic versions and one computer activation on student versions. This can make a real difference in the usability and  justifies the difference in cost of the two licenses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines