Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This image says it all:

12-07-2009 06-14-41.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2009 Jul 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have observed that, as well. Still, with no replies (showing yet), I have had many instances where it just never showed at all. At least with the Reply To, I can ammend my earlier post, so folk think me less the fool. That is my hope, any way.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 27, 2009 Jul 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the_wine_snob wrote:

I have observed that, as well. Still, with no replies (showing yet), I have had many instances where it just never showed at all. At least with the Reply To, I can ammend my earlier post, so folk think me less the fool. That is my hope, any way.

Hunt

Wow, really? +1 Jive bug then, I guess.... discovering new bugs with this crap is getting old...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 09, 2009 Sep 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not directed to Ansury, but to the forum administrators:

I posted a thread today, and again I can not not edit my original post to more accurately define my post:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/489329?tstart=0

Please have a look why I can't edit this post, even without any response posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Unless you are a forum moderator, I believe the ability to edit a post is based on a couple of factors. I think it becomes uneditable if a reply has been made or after a certain amount of time elapses. I want to say 15 minutes, but I may be wrong on the time.

Perhaps Jochem or another participant here has more to offer.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harm,

It has been my experience that one cannot edit their original post, but only their replies.

In the old days, that time to edit the replies was ~ 30 mins.. Now, it seems to depend on one of three things:

1.) time - I've been able to edit some replies (without replies to them) after upwards to 20 days (yes, days), but had others without an Edit after only seconds? I first commented on this in the Video Lounge, right after the new forum.

2.) Replies to your Repy - this seems to always kill the Edit function

3.) The unknown - this is partially evidenced in #1, where immediately going back to Edit is not allowed, and no one has replied to it. It also seems to be totally arbitrary and MUST be based on those unknown factors.

I feel your pain,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the_wine_snob wrote:

Harm,

It has been my experience that one cannot edit their original post, but only their replies.

Hunt

Ahh yes, I was stumped for a minute there but I do remember seeing this problem too.  +1 crap Jive feature/error/poor design/etc  That's just inexcusable laziness on Jive's part...

Still editable...see..

Yes. That is one of the possible scenarios, and for me has been 100%. If someone replies TO my reply, Edit is gone - always so far, regardless of whether it was seconds, or weeks. Still, there are other tines, with no replies and Edit is gone in seconds. I also encountered a reply of mine recently, that was done just after the forum changeover. I'm guessing that it was several months old. I still had the Edit option, though I did not try it. It amazed me, that it was still there after that length of time. Hunt

Message was edited by: Ansury

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harm Millaard wrote:

Please have a look why I can't edit this post, even without any response posted.

Moot point now, as you have a reply... However, for the Edit of the original post, i presume you looked to the right panel and not the bottom of the message as it is in all subsequent posts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2009 Sep 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Editing a (subsequent/reply) post is done through the button at the bottom.

Editing an OP is done through a button in the Actions box to the right.

There is no time limit, but the editability is killed by the first post to answer that particular post; for an OP that is the first post, of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob Bugge wrote:

Editing a (subsequent/reply) post is done through the button at the bottom.

Editing an OP is done through a button in the Actions box to the right.

There is no time limit, but the editability is killed by the first post to answer that particular post; for an OP that is the first post, of course.

Yay for consistency!  (not)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harm Millaard wrote on 9/9/2009 11:15 PM:

That is not a bug, that is a feature (I always wanted to say that):

http://www.jivesoftware.com/jivespace/message/163973#163973

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

Harm Millaard wrote on 9/9/2009 11:15 PM:

That is not a bug, that is a feature (I always wanted to say that):

http://www.jivesoftware.com/jivespace/message/163973#163973

"I can see giving a 10 to 30 minute window during which time a Topic can be edited. But after that time window or whenever there is a reply (whichever comes first) the ability to edit should become disabled."

Debatable. (Automatic 'last edit' time signature is also an option, being that this is a technical forum and not a political debate pissing contest website, usually edits are going to be to fix inaccurate or unclear information, rather than to decieve or mislead... but Jive isn't designed for a technical audience.)

"Please have a look why I can't edit this post, even without any response posted."

Bold above would make it a bug, were it not for the (inconsistent and confusing) silly edit button on the side of the thread instead of at the bottom of the message like every other message.

More confusion thanks to Jive design incompetence, chalk up another point for the chimps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 24, 2009 Oct 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, I guess this thread was edited, but I don't see where .... maybe I just overlooked it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

greenjumpyone wrote:

well, I guess this thread was edited, but I don't see where .... maybe I just overlooked it? 

Yes, you did. I happened to stumble in here when there was a spam message that was deleted while I was struggling to report it...

But it is still a mess after so many months...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. That is one of the possible scenarios, and for me has been 100%. If someone replies TO my reply, Edit is gone - always so far, regardless of whether it was seconds, or weeks. Still, there are other tines, with no replies and Edit is gone in seconds. I also encountered a reply of mine recently, that was done just after the forum changeover. I'm guessing that it was several months old. I still had the Edit option, though I did not try it. It amazed me, that it was still there after that length of time.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the_wine_snob wrote:

Yes. That is one of the possible scenarios, and for me has been 100%. If someone replies TO my reply, Edit is gone - always so far, regardless of whether it was seconds, or weeks. Still, there are other tines, with no replies and Edit is gone in seconds. I also encountered a reply of mine recently, that was done just after the forum changeover. I'm guessing that it was several months old. I still had the Edit option, though I did not try it. It amazed me, that it was still there after that length of time.

Hunt

Please tell me you didn't reply to my message above, because I can still edit it... (proof edited into message)  if so, this is even more of a mystery.

Ah, who am I kidding?  It's not like I really care about JiveWareBugs©.. this place is so pointless..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to change to "threaded" as my view, and it appears that I replied to your reply one up. Now, it is difficult to follow the "threaded" aspect, as all one has is an arrow and it is not 100% clear as to where it points - unlike many other fora, that I frequent, where "threaded" has a totally different look.

Wish I could confirm, or deny, but it is not that clear to me.

Sorry,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yup the blue words still look like the origional post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines