• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Still no supervision in the French and Spanish forums?

LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2005 Aug 06, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot that threads are extremely short lived in this forum, and the discussion that really began within an unrelated thread, here

Pierre Courtejoie, "Shouldn't these links be removed as soon as possible?" #8, 27 Feb 2005 1:21 pm

has already gone to the Archives, where it is in danger of going to the limbus in the near future.

I still think that this is an important issue, and still wait to see any improvement in those forums showing that the messages by Pierre and myself on the subject have not fallen in a void. Although we both value and thank Neil Keller for his attempts to get some reaction in higher quarters, his attempts have unfortunately been a failure.

It is pathetic to see pages in the forums in Spanish with templates that are written in a mixture of English and a very bad Spanish. It is even more pathetic that JC stopped more than a year ago feeling authorized to introduce any non trivial change to improve this situation. The worst part is however to feel that there is no one listening, or at least willing to admit that there might be problems in those forums.

I feel very disappointed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 460 Replies 460
May 01, 2006 May 01, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Claudio is correct. The Latin America forum is not new, it has been listed on the Macromedia site for a long time. But the Macromedia web site went away yesterday and everything was combnined into the Adobe site. If you look through the list of forums at http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/index.html you will find all of the Macromedia product forums listed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2006 May 01, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link for the correct thread to continue this off topic discussion has been given twice above. Just in case, here it goes again:

Claudio González, "Is this what we can expect of the Adobe-Macromedia forums fusion?" #, 1 May 2006 ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2006 Jun 05, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keeping it afloat, with less and less motivation...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2006 Jun 05, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Pierre. Curiously, my hopes are reviving. The fusion of the Adobe and Macromedia forums could hopefully leave Adobe Fenwick out of this business :-)

By the way, some days ago I wanted to check if there were more topics in the French or in the Spanish forums. To my surprise, i did not find in the French ones any topic dated before the beginnings of December 2005. Do you know if they are being deleted after xxx weeks/months?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2006 Jun 06, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

>Do you know if they are being deleted after xxx weeks/months?

180 days, and they have flowed down the river of oblivion to reach the abyss and be gone forever.

They reach the Hospice, sorry the Archive, after 120 days so the last 60 days nothing can be done to bring them back to new life; unless one of the Saviours can save them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Jacob.

>180 days, and they have flowed down the river of oblivion to reach the abyss and be gone forever.
>They reach the Hospice, sorry the Archive, after 120 days so the last 60 days nothing can be done to bring them back to new life; unless one of the Saviours can save them.

I did not see any Hospice/Archive in the French forums, so they seem to be going directly to the abyss after 180 days. In the Spanish ones, however, where there aren't any Hospices/Archives either, there seems to be no time limit or abyss; one can find messages posted in middle 2004. Maybe we are still too few over there. :-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

Maybe you are lucky: in the other forums there are some old threads too, but only those few that have been kept alive by the FHs. You can see the regular, several in one day, threads reach the abyss and be gone the next day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2006 Jul 18, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Time out. Timeout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 19, 2006 Jul 19, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jacob,

Thank you for your help in bringing this topic back to the top of the list.

I have noticed that JC is posting messages rather frequently now, so maybe the most serious problems of the fusion of the Adobe and Macromedia forums have already been solved. Hopefuly, this could mean good news for the French and Spanish forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2006 Aug 13, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Timeout, just to make sure. Hopefully, this thread can soon be ended with a thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jacob,

Not sure about what's likely to happen. In the MM side, you can choose the language in which all fixed text will be show, but if affects all Adobe and MM forums, which I don't find convenient -I like my texts in English if I'm in the forums in English, and in Spanish if I'm in the Spanish ones. As the localized forums are few, I would think that writing them in the apropriate languages would by a very minor effort in the large merging effort, but this is just my feeling. Well, hope is the last thing you loose, as we say in Spanish speaking countries. :-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

As you know, I support your endeavours to obtain genuine Spanish and French fora.

In Danish, hope is bright green.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob, I know, and I thank you for your sustained support in a problem that doesn't affect you in the least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thank you! maybe would it be nice to have a Danish forum...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2006 Aug 14, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Pierre,

Do you think we have a good chance now? I dont' like the "solution" to the localization problem in the MM side, and at times it worries me to think that we will get lost in the large turmoil of the forums fusion. :-(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're pretty much lost already, Claudio. :D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, at least JC knows and cares about the issue. But I fear he will now be too busy for some time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio, Pierre,

>maybe would it be nice to have a Danish forum...

No, please. Count me as bilingual, with English as the first language. Besides, there would be no one to talk to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, when a country has a language that is not spoken all over the world, usually its citizens do speak English, or an "international language".

Having many fora for every language/country could lead to segment the big international community of the "english speaking" fora... I see your point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still, native speakers of Spanish outnumber native speakers of English. It seems, though, that we are not very good buyers of Adobe products. Otherwise it would be difficult to understand that you can download tryout versions of InDesign in English, French and German, but not in Spanish. :-(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2006 Aug 15, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Native Chinese apeakers probably outnumber both. There's a potential growth market out there, just waiting for its own forum. :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not probably, certainly. In round numbers, 1,000 millions of native speakers of Chinese, 330 millions Spanish, 320 million English.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

Chinese is not a language but a nationality. If you count all 241 languages spoken by the Chinese, you have more than 1,300 million (1.3 American "billion") native speakers. A little more than 900 million of those speak Mandarin, the number 1 in the list of world languages.

Number 2 is Hindi.

Spanish is number 3.

English is number 4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=CN

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the discussion about handling of languages. The current trend in forum software appears to be letting the user select the language they want for the interface. The way we did it here was a long and painfull process. But it does sound like it works out better for some users. No promises, though, about how it goes from here forward through the integration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines