• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Still no supervision in the French and Spanish forums?

LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2005 Aug 06, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot that threads are extremely short lived in this forum, and the discussion that really began within an unrelated thread, here

Pierre Courtejoie, "Shouldn't these links be removed as soon as possible?" #8, 27 Feb 2005 1:21 pm

has already gone to the Archives, where it is in danger of going to the limbus in the near future.

I still think that this is an important issue, and still wait to see any improvement in those forums showing that the messages by Pierre and myself on the subject have not fallen in a void. Although we both value and thank Neil Keller for his attempts to get some reaction in higher quarters, his attempts have unfortunately been a failure.

It is pathetic to see pages in the forums in Spanish with templates that are written in a mixture of English and a very bad Spanish. It is even more pathetic that JC stopped more than a year ago feeling authorized to introduce any non trivial change to improve this situation. The worst part is however to feel that there is no one listening, or at least willing to admit that there might be problems in those forums.

I feel very disappointed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 460 Replies 460
LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2007 Sep 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>would it mean that the non-english forums would not follow the change immediately?

I wouldn't think so. In any case, you are obviously asking in the wrong thread... XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

Thank for the kind words.

I hope this forum and this thread shall live and not die. Therefore my question in the other thread. The cleanout in the NEW Forum Update News (big changes) seems ominous, but this forum was not created on a temporary basis, and after all there has to be a forum about the forums.

It is too early to say a final goodbye and to drop the cause, so if this thread dies with the forum, we shall have to give it a new life in whichever forum takes over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything will depend on the new forums in Spanish and French. If the suggestions made here have been taken into account, there should be no need to revive this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything will depend on the new forums in Spanish and French. If the suggestions made here have been taken into account, there should be no need to revive this thread. I'm hoping for the best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea how I managed to produce the above double posting. I am reasonably sure I did not post it until adding the final phrase appearing in the second and not in the first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it seems that it will live.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 12, 2007 Oct 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, Jacob, this time I have beaten you in bringing this topic somewhere higher up the ladder. :-)

I am glad to report that we have gotten back the French and Spanish forums, which had been in the limbo since the merge. In the ones in Spanish, there is at the moment only one person to have noticed that they are available again. Hope we haven't lost too many users...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2007 Oct 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right, Claudio. I did keep an eye on it, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2007 Nov 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First on the spot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2007 Nov 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

I wonder if during the attempt of consolidation of the two sides, if anybody claimed "ownership" of the non-english speaking fora?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Pierre.

I don't know, and probably those who know won't visit this thread. All I know is that both forums, in French and in Spanish, went to the limbo during the "experimental" period.

Although I do remember posting a thread in that period about this disappearance, I don't remember the explanation given, and the problem remained unsolved until we got our old forums back. Obviously, it wasn't at all high in the list of priorities of the time, and probably much lower than in normal times. Also, I don't know if messages posted in that period are available to all somewhere...

Hello Jacob, and thank you. I was waiting for the usual 30 days to push the thread upwards.:-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pierre, Claudio,

I had been following things with growing anxiety, this thread being third from the bottom. The latest post here was 13 October, and the threads from 12 October are the next to go. I am not sure whether it is purely a matter of dates or the number of threads counts too. Better safe (and silly) than (stout and) sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hadn't noticed about the dates. I will keep an eye to see when the posts from 12 October go to the Archive.

Thanks a lot again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2007 Nov 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are still there ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2007 Nov 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone chickened out too soon. It seems that life and death of the threads are determined by date only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the impression that if the last messages in the list are "neutral" they are allowed to survive for a longer time... :-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The anxiety level is getting too high around here. I'm relatively certain this has been mentioned before. In this folder, discussions are set to expire if they haven't had a post in the last 45 days. So you guys can get out your fingers and figure out when you need to get nervous next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the clarification, Dorothy. Christmas anxiety may follow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information, Dorothy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However, the time interval between this message and the following one is much longer than 45 days...

Buko, "Forum Suggestion . . ." #27, 4 Jan 2007 8:26 am

(and I wasn't looking for examples to prove Dorothy wrong, but for recent discussions about the looks of these forums).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is one of few set to not expire. Before you suggest it... I know you wouldn't want to take all the fun out of things by setting this one to not expire, right? After all... you wouldn't want to lose the excuse to keep popping it back onto people's radar, I doubt. Oh... should probably add... ;)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2007 Nov 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>After all... you wouldn't want to lose the excuse to keep popping it back onto people's radar, I doubt.

Not really my reason to help in keeping this thread alive.

I am really very worried by the very low level of priority that Adobe gives to the future existence of the forums in French and Spanish. More than two and a half years posting about this problem has produced absolutely no result. And these forums simply vanished during the whole of the "experimental" period -the only two ones to disappear. Not really very encouraging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the "what can I do?" perspective, this is probably about the best. John reads here, tho his hands are tied as well. There was a sizable list of non-English forums in the trial, which someone other then John developed. Whether those people, probably not people that work in the forums, are aware there are already some forums here, or not, I don't know. But, they were obviously working on some, and we know that John is capable of moving stuff around. So, ultimately, the forums will exist, tho I can't guess how they will be staffed, as far as having people monitoring that speak the languages. That, again, will be the weak point. John is still the person to filter through, tho his job is pretty big too, and he has to pick his priorities. But this keeps it on his radar, hopefully without being an irritant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dorothy,

>Before you suggest it

Is it an option?

This has always been a nice thread, and it is also the one and only International Weather Channel of the Adobe Forums.

We just had a shower of hail, shining in the light of the setting sun.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>John reads here, tho his hands are tied as well.

Yes, we have known this since these forums were taken over by some never disclosed Adobe branch, although there were rumours that it was Adobe Ireland. Trouble is, at the same time improvements and even any change in these forums stopped completely. And nobody seems to know, or be willing to disclose, who -if anyone- is responsible for them. So we are in a blind alley, and I at least am less optimistic with every passing week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines