• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Still no supervision in the French and Spanish forums?

LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2005 Aug 06, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot that threads are extremely short lived in this forum, and the discussion that really began within an unrelated thread, here

Pierre Courtejoie, "Shouldn't these links be removed as soon as possible?" #8, 27 Feb 2005 1:21 pm

has already gone to the Archives, where it is in danger of going to the limbus in the near future.

I still think that this is an important issue, and still wait to see any improvement in those forums showing that the messages by Pierre and myself on the subject have not fallen in a void. Although we both value and thank Neil Keller for his attempts to get some reaction in higher quarters, his attempts have unfortunately been a failure.

It is pathetic to see pages in the forums in Spanish with templates that are written in a mixture of English and a very bad Spanish. It is even more pathetic that JC stopped more than a year ago feeling authorized to introduce any non trivial change to improve this situation. The worst part is however to feel that there is no one listening, or at least willing to admit that there might be problems in those forums.

I feel very disappointed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 460 Replies 460
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2007 May 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jorge, tenemos unos foros en castellano aquí:

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.2cce8642

No son muy visitados, pero hay unas cuantas personas que saben mucho y ayudan lo que pueden. Ah, y si tu pregunta es sobre Photoshop Elements, lo siento pero no te puedo ayudar.

For the benefit of non Spanish speakers:

Jorge is asking me for help, possibly with Photoshop Elements, because he doesn't know any English. I have directed him to the forums in Spanish, saying that I cannot help him with PE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2007 May 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TE doy muchas Gracias por tu respuesta a mi mensaje de esta tarde de verdad tengo mucha necesidad de ver una vez aregladas las fotos donde las pongo y como las paso a un CD se de mi edad pero alo mejor encuentro alguiencque me ayude ..........SALUDOS >>>>> JORGE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2007 May 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Jorge is just thanking me for my help).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And contributing to our keeping this thread alive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but my guess is that he has no idea. I can't imagine how he got to this thread to publish his question, specifically addressed to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2007 Jun 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another month, with storms and heavy rain over Europe, people even drowning in their cars. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/06/28/nstorms128.xml

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 30, 2007 Jun 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over here, the very cold Winter we are having this year has already taken the lives of several people. Chile and Argentina depend heavily on natural gas from the latter for both producing electricity and heating purposes. Unfortunately, production in Argentina isn't enough to overcome their own crisis, although in Chile we are still somehow managing to heat our houses. We are all crossing our fingers for a milder rest of this winter, only way to prevent heavy rationing of energy in both countries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2007 Aug 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another month of what is likely to become the wettest summer ever recorded up here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And one of the coldest winters around here...

I wonder when the two sets of forums will finally become fused. And what the outcome will be. I don't think it's worth worrying about details such as the forums in Spanish until then. A very well kept secret in any case.

By the way, in the meantime I have found that there is no official supervision in the ex Macromedia forums either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send us some cold and some rain to Northern California, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That'a be different for those parts, Ramón. Or is it just that I think of Northern California as having somewhat moderated weather in most ways? Where about are you anyway? Most anyplace in the coastal Redwoods could easily be home for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm 100 miles NE of San Francisco, halfway between SF and Reno on I-80, Dorothy. Even Redding, farther up north, had a couple of 112ºF days as we did. Well, Redding is one the hottest spots during the summer.

Anything near the coast around here is paradise at this time of year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2007 Aug 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramón, if I could, I would gladly send you most of the cold, but not many rain. We need rain, that has been scarce, for building water reserves to produce electric energy...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> I wonder when the two sets of forums will finally become fused. And what the outcome will be.

Ssshhh, you'll wake them up. When the forums merge, I can't see it happening with the Adobe-side forums winning out. Look at it this way, there is the entire ColdFusion team at Adobe, who will promote the CF based MM-side forums. They have probably got 50-100 votes.

Then there are the million or so users of the Adobe-side forum. We get, in total, one half a vote. So whose forum design do you think will win. Look at the change to happen some slow time, when they think we won't be paying attention, like Christmas time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at how they effectively killed the Adobe Studio Exchange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you're more inland then, Ramón. Yes, I'm more accustomed to the coast where the weather is more moderated. In the winter there, if you want to get out of the gloom, you drive up in the mountains and get above the clouds. Can I guess the same might be true to escape heat, or does the heat climb mountains also?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been heard, loud and clear, about the forums. I've little concern that they'd even use the Macromedia side forum software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>I've little concern that they'd even use the Macromedia side forum software.

I would say that all the regulars from this side are crossing their fingers for this to be true...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I remember when I was over there, most of the MM people don't use it either, they use newsreaders. Which is fine if they turn off their blasted autoquotes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>or does the heat climb mountains also?

Heat rises. Even the Sierra Nevada, deep in snow in winter, gets up over 100ºF in the summer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 09, 2007 Aug 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As yes, depends on the climate of the mountain as much as the height of it. Guess I'm more used to those that do get cooler as you climb, including one where we found a nice private swimming hole.

On a road trip a few years ago from Washington State back to Wisconsin, I remember the dramatic change in landscape as I crossed one set of mountains. I'd just spent time on the Olympic Peninsula and drove through some pretty lush mountains and forests starting out on Hwy 20 headed back west. All the sudden, tho, they changed and became more arid. Looking at aerial maps, I can pretty much see where that happens.

When I lived there, it was in Eureka and I never got past the green, green mountains. I've decided I have a strong preference for the lush rather then the arid in general. In Wisconsin you can walk barefoot in the grass. That's a strong selling point for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2007 Sep 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another month, with less rain over northern Europe, and no rain in the south to stop Peleponnese from burning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 09, 2007 Sep 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, we seem to be turning this into a sort of international weather channel... 🙂 I don't mind if it helps to keep the thread afloat and remind those in the know that the problem giving this thread its title has not been solved in these two years. Hopefuly, the coming merge will solve it.

Over here, we are coming out of the coldest winter in decades. It affected negatively our agriculture and also our energy sources -we have to import oil and gas, and barely manage to produce all the electric energy we need. This has affected our wallets, and more so those of people with small salaries, who are a majority. But things are becoming less gloomy as Spring gets near.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2007 Sep 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pierre, do you still visit this thread? If so, I would like to say goodbye, as we don't seem to visit the same threads, and this will be obsolete in a few days. Let's hope that at least some of our suggestions serve to improve the new coming forums.

I would also like to thank all of those who have helped to keep this thread afloat, or given moral support, or even contributed with some salt and pepper (thanks Ramón for giving birth to Adobe Fenwick!). I prefer not to name anyone for fear of leaving someone out (Fenwick was a real masterpiece, therefore the exception).

The only other exception I will make is to send my very special thanks to Jacob for his sustained support for such a long time. I find this admirable coming from someone who has no personal interest in the matter and who has nothing to gain by supporting this cause.

I hope to meet all of you now and then in our new and hopefully improved house.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2007 Sep 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I browsed it...

There is just something that I found "interesting" the mention of the non english nttp servers that would not change.. would it mean that the non-english forums would not follow the change immediately?

Thanks everybody!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines