Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

String " " crap in 'Java' style code post

Jul 04, 2009 Jul 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<mx:Image xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml" initialize="init()">            <mx:Script>           <![CDATA[                public function init():void {                                          this.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, loaded);                }                                private function loaded(e:Event):void {                                          this.width = this.contentWidth;                     this.height = this.contentHeight;                }           ]]>      </mx:Script>       </mx:Image>

Let's see if this bug repeats itself... there should be &nbsp strings in the above pasted text instead of spaces (now, watch it work correctly this time..).  Doing an EDIT of the post replaced them with spaces when I originally posted.  So to insert readable 'Java' syntax code, I guess we have to post and then update the post to remove the Jive droppings that this crap forum inserted. (pathetic, Jive...pathetic)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 04, 2009 Jul 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ansury:

You'd started an earlier thread on code...  i posted a reply to that... the thread seems to have vanished the very next day... d'you remember? I see no record of it in my profile either....

Unless the forums have now got me hallucinating as well!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 05, 2009 Jul 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't remember doing that but I may have a long time ago, definitely not in the last few weeks.

Not that I would be shocked if threads were disappearing around this Jived up shit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Must have imagined it then! It was in the last 10 day or so... three posts from you... (some?) with snippets of code... and i posted one reply... <shrug> The forums are getting to me!!

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw this bug when i went to post the plonk script and used java as the attachment type.

you'd think that as "programmers" (and i'm apparently using that term very loosely) the jive people might understand that when you post CODE you DON'T FSCK WITH IT!!! a programmer has spent some time going over it to make sure it's correct.

it's like you randomly change all the colors when an artist posts a picture. it's not right and it should NEVER be done!

if i'm telling you it's code, LEAVE IT ALONE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure they haven't really thought about it. I've thought for a long time that users here are not typical Jive users. At all. Adobe didn't think this through when picking new forum software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

I'm sure they haven't really thought about it. I've thought for a long time that users here are not typical Jive users. At all. Adobe didn't think this through when picking new forum software.

They didn't think anything through.

Jive was selected for its pretty face and has totally failed to provide the forum experience needed for a user-to-user support service.

Dual log-in was decided upon because it seemed like a good idea, but wasn't.

I could go on, but would rather not become another Ansury or Jhabrix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

I could go on, but would rather not become another Ansury or Jhabrix.

Then why say anything at all? It's ok for you to carp but when someone else does.... that suddenly becomes a problem.... Get a life dude...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 06, 2009 Jul 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JayJhabrix wrote:

Get a life dude...

Look sonny, I'll lead the life I have, which is very profitable, very contented, and only marred by the likes of you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

Look sonny, I'll lead the life I have, which is very profitable, very contented, and only marred by the likes of you.

Glad you've got the life you have... sorry for marring it but then if it wasn't for the roughs you wouldn't appreciate the smooths... So please do carry on with your life...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if it wasn't for the roughs you wouldn't appreciate the smooths

i like that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

JayJhabrix wrote:

Get a life dude...

lol... Your life is "marred" by forum comments? I'm cracking up here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ansury wrote:

lol... Your life is "marred" by forum comments? I'm cracking up here!

Sshhh... it's the meds you know... poor fellow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines