• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sub-Forums?

LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I routinely use "Illustrator" and "Illustrator Scripting" forums, but now I can't even FIND the "Scripting Forum". Have they been combined? If so, WHY? When I have a scripting question I want to go to a community that specializes in that.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe recently switched from JIVE to a new forum software system called Khoros (formerly called L ithium).  You are correct that this system uses a flat forum format.  So the various sub-forums we all relied on for questions about scripting, SDK, etc... are gone.     But if you use the Search box at the top of your community board, you can usually find related posts on that subject.  See screenshot.

clipboard_image_0.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, both of you. This assumes ALL users will religiously tag their posts. We all know that doesn't happen. Of course, I'll give this a try. But I don't think it is a replacement for a dedicated sub-forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It does, they won't, and there's nothing to be done about it. The new forum software doesn't support subforums, so we're kinda stuck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to Nancy's suggestion, you can also use the topic tags at the top right to narrow posts to ones that have been tagged with Scripting or SDK. All the threads that were ported from Jive have had those tags applied. It will probably take some time for users to remember that these tags are useful to them and to add them to their posts. Meantime, moderators (I think) can add tags, or you can go back to posts you made and edit them to add the tags. The screenshot shows the tags that are available for the Illustrator forum.

clipboard_image_0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines