Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Format Parameters in the Post Composition has no Effect

Engaged ,
May 07, 2011 May 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

when I write messages here on this forum, I like to format my text and I can see all those wonderful tools

to do just that (this THAT I wrote in BIIIG letters and they were RED when writing this message...

Same goes for styles etc....

But as soon as I hit "Post Message" - all that formation has been discarded....

Here is a screen shot of me writing this message:

Any ideas of what I am doing wrong ?

SS_Message.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 07, 2011 May 07, 2011

Yes. A lot of that has been disabled for security and spam protection reasons. Not sure why it still is used in the editor, though. Post your question in the forum on the forum....

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 07, 2011 May 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. A lot of that has been disabled for security and spam protection reasons. Not sure why it still is used in the editor, though. Post your question in the forum on the forum....

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2011 May 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just testing if posting in this thread is possible...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are doing nothing wrong. Most formatting effects were "temporarily" disabled some months ago for security reasons -apparently, spammers could use them for their own purposes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post your question in the forum on the forum....

Where is that, if not here, Lutz?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob, this thread appeared suddenly in this forum early today, but with messages of yesterday. It was listed where it belonged according to the date of the opening post, so my guess is that some diligent moderator transfered the whole thread here from another forum, without telling anyone...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2011 May 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe you are right, Claudio. The OP also seems to have lost track, or left the building. And the first post was by a very helpful and busy native, active in a number of forums, but rarely this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't leave the building.

But the question was so clearly answered in the second post that it would be needless to keep up the discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where was this thread posted, originally, AtonMusic?

As you can see, the question snowballed for a while, this is the other thread involved:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/849317?tstart=0

This is just part of the ever ongoing general attempt to improve the forums, occasionally as spin off from more specific threads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob,

I originally posted this thread in the After Effects Forum

M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, M.

May I ask you how you were able to follow it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi...

Sure...

Via the Emails I get when someone has relied to the topic !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2011 May 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only two formatting styles left in forum posts are bold and italic (and both together).  Anything else has been disabled.  It seems that this forum software does not have the ability to disable selectiverly; it is either all or nothing.

If you really want to post something big, you can use the Header formatting in the Style drop-down menu:

Header 1

Header 2

Header 3

Header 4

Header 5
Header 6

Ah, one more thing they have fortunately left: you can insert code snippets in an easy-to-read monospace font like this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been stated that these facilities were removed because of spammers.

Were spammers hiding links in what otherwise looked like legitimate text,  using the formatting facilities to hide the links in plain sight (i.e., removing the underlines, etc.)?

If so, I can't fathom the logic in removing the formatting facilities instead of changing the code to make links appear differently than the surrounding text.  Am I wrong in assuming that some script code would have had to be changed either way?

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noel Carboni wrote:

Were spammers hiding links in what otherwise looked like legitimate text,  using the formatting facilities to hide the links in plain sight (i.e., removing the underlines, etc.)?

No, what they were doing was posting invisible links - links with the same text color as the forum background color.

The problem with invisible links is that it is near impossible to spot (and report) spam posts.

On the other hand it is still possible to post invisible links, despite all the restrictions that have been imposed on the legitimate forum users.

Can you spot the invisible link just below this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can via email...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ah, yes - the same of course would be true for invisible links (in plain text mail messages).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines