• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This entire forum needs to be fixed!

Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the effort that must have gone into this switch from the old Jive forums which leaves me even more perplexed about it. Because there is not one single improvement at all.

My biggest issue is with email notifications. This forum sends them all out from one sender with no way to sort them at all. We don't even know who the poster was. Additionally, we can't respond via email and clicking the link in the notification email doesn't even work much time, just taking you to the forums home page.

I've been active in these forums for more than than 20 years, and if the email part of this isn't fixed, I'm afraid my participation will be severely limited.

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I lost all badges (MVP, ACP, Moderator) I don't even have access to ACP community anymore.

Totally agree about the mail issues. I have even another one: cannot find how to subscribe to a specific community? Used to get a mail when a new question appeared in the Captivate forum, gone as well....

Do not have your long experience, was only daily on the forums since 10 years and this was a very frustrating day.

Found some solutions: could subscribe to a (complete, since there are no sub-communities) to a community. Have found (using a link in a mail) to find the ACP community which I couldn't find from the home page, and subscribed to it as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob,

May I ask you whether you have the same access as in the former forums, or is it the same as for (maybe most of) the rest of us that used the MVP badge and are/were both MVPs and ACPs?

I was careful and replied to your OP to avoid the threading of the thread.

I joined some time round the turn of the Millennium (I believe the much later Join date was based on the MM merger or something), so about half the time was in the fair forums with 25 threads onscreen in the forums, and half the time in the former forums with 15 threads onscreen and they are fading away with only a few posts today; as we have seen there are 4 threads onscreen in the present forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I miss the part of the old Jive forum where I could see a quick list of all of the recent posts of my subscribed forums. Was easy to skim down the list and catch those that pertained to me and my expertise. Takes too much of my time to skim the current version of the forum.
|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O agree.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And that the sorting constantly reverts to »Relevance« is extremely annoying to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I still have the same access, yes. I've heard from a couple of folks at Adobe including Tricia and they're aware of the issues and working on them. I'm certainly willing to give them time but in the mean time, my participation will be very limited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»My biggest issue is with email notifications.«

I don’t want to have email-notifications clog my amail-inbox, so I apreciated the old Forum’s inbox where one could directly read and reply to threads one followed wothin the browser. 

This Forum’s »My Follows« does not seem to offer that convenience. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now, I have them all going into one folder. They're impossible to figure out so I pop back here once in a while to check but as I said earlier, this will severely restrict my participation until we get sortable email notification that identify who the poster was, what forum it came from and the subject, I'm not going to be very active.

Edit (just to see if it works) The other big thing about email is that we need to be able to reply that way, too. Right now they just bounce back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Some problems that I have identified :

Replying to the initial message in a thread is not the same as replying to a reply. In the first case, there are 3 possibilities : clicking on the (blue) Reply button just refreshes the page and does nothing OR it does nothing else than displaying (once again) the Community Guidelines OR it opens the full message editor.

Clicking on the (white) Reply button next to any message not being the initial post either does nothing OR opens a ridiculous one line editor. If the user has more than one line to insert in his reply, he has to first post a one line answer and then use the Edit command which will open the full editor. Ahem, maybe. Very often, clicking on the Edit command brings you to a page notifying the infamous 404 error (message not found).

When the user eventually succesfully writes and formats a reply, he should copy the whole text before clicking on Post because too often, this button has no other effect than to refresh the page : message lost.

Beware : when clicking on Preview, you'll only be able to Cancel or Post. I could not find a way to further edit the message. Or does Cancel bring me back to the editor ? Checked : no, it doesn't.

Same problems under Firefox and Chrome.

Usually, when a new forum software is installed, there are some difficulties related to settings that are not correctly adjusted. Fixing this is a matter of 2 or 3 days. This one is more problematic : just full of bugs. I didn't like Jive but I think that we should go back to it for a while until the new software has been correctly tested.

Another solution would be to use a well-known, well tested forum software like the Lightroom Queen forum

or the one used for the Adobe Photoshop Family feedback forum. I'm wondering why Adobe need 2 different forum software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Threaded replies are hidden to users, and that is the worst....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines