• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Edit Posts on iPad 2

LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2012 Jan 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just back from a week on the road during which I stayed connected via an iPad 2...

I could (and did) post on these forums, but I:

• Could not access any formatting features during message entry.  The editor box was plain, with none of the controls you see above it when accessing the forum from a computer.
  • Could not edit a post once submitted. I was presented with a message to the effect, "your device can only add content, it cannot edit it".

I'm surprised to see that the Jive forum software, which is brand new as of a few months ago, BARELY supports iPad access, even though the Safari implementation on the iPad is quite complete.  I can edit posts on Safari on PC, so it's not a Safari issue.

What's up with this?  I'd really like to have better / more complete access to the forums while on the road.  The iPad itself is certainly more than capable of operating all the fancy features.  Does the forum software think the iPad has too small a display or is underpowered?  Think again...

Don't look now, but tablet popularity is exploding.  You might want to put some effort into making this work a little better really soon now.

If you're doing any traveling and want to remain connected, an iPad 2 is a Must Have in my opinion, even with the aforementioned limitation of the Jive forum software.  I found it overdelivered in every way.

-Noel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2012 Jan 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Noel,

I had the same problem, but just posted a new response when I couldn't edit a previous response.

Not ideal, but the new forum at least runs much better on iOS than the previous version of the forums.

Niall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2012 Jan 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for confirming, Niall.

Yes, in one case where I had made an egregious typo, I copied the entire post, deleted it, responded again, and corrected the problem.  Less than ideal.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines