• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

use.typekit.com killing access to forums

LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2014 Jul 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess Adobe is using Typekit.com for fonts.  That's just a guess.

use.typekit.com is preventing these forum pages from loading.  If I don't do anything, the browser just sits, logo spinning, doing absolutely nothing.  I have to click on my bookmark to Google, then immedately hit the BACK button, to get anything to load.

Could Adobe please fix this?  Host the font locally, if you must.  But typekit.com is flipping out seems like every other day, and it's having a serious impact on being able to post questions.

BTW.. still hate the "new" forum.  I'd rather go back to the old forum, than this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2014 Jul 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WolfShade wrote:

I guess Adobe is using Typekit.com for fonts…

Yeah, well, the full name is "Adobe Typekit".  It's owned by and part of Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2014 Aug 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typekit is used for all Adobe.com sites to apply the corporate "Adobe Clean" font in a secure way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2014 Aug 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be that as it may.  Today I am not having any issues with page load.  This will most likely change, tomorrow, and go back to the never-loading page, where I'll have to keep clicking bookmarks and using the BACK button in order to get anything accomplished.

If Adobe can't keep use.typekit.com working, then maybe Adobe should figure another way to apply the font in a secure way.

But, then again, this is Adobe.  They don't really care.

If it weren't for the company I work for insisting on Adobe ColdFusion, I'd switch to Railo or BlueDragon in a heartbeat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2014 Aug 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

WolfShade wrote:

…If it weren't for the company I work for insisting on Adobe ColdFusion…

Good grief, Cold Fusion!  You have my sympathies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines