Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

User-name p[roblem

Oct 20, 2013 Oct 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a non-Premiere question:  Adobe told me to change my password for some unknown reason. To do so I had to give them my new email address so they could contact me. Then they gave me a new user name "hurrange" which I believe is someone elses user name. I phoned a helpline which charged me £22 to change the user name back to Tim flippance but with a lower-case f on the second word. Now I find that I cannot gain access to my past history because Adobe thinks I am a new user because the old stuff is under Tim Flippance.  Can anyone sort this out?  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments is a better place for this kind of question

Once there, send a PM to adobe-admin (look on the right side of the main forum)

It was not an "unknown reason" since there have been news articles about Adobe being "hacked" and having information stolen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will send this thread for Adobe to read and maybe able to help.

Stay put.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This whole scenario seem "off."

As far as I know, and I've had to change three different accounts, Adobe doesn't alter your user name, just the password. If I had to guess, I'd say you've been scammed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot find an account under the name hurrange, but I do see your two Tim F/flippance accounts. They each have a different email address. The account with a lower case "f" was registered back in April and has an email address at btinternet. The upper case "F" account was registered in 2008 and has a virgin email address. Which address are you using when you sign into adobe.com? What helpline did you call?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 21, 2013 Oct 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The account name hurrange was changed to Tim flippance yesterday.

The email address I'm using now is [removed email address]   The virgin email address doesn't exist any more.

The account I'm using now is Tim flippance but I want to go back to Tim Flippance because thats where all my history is.  Idealy I'd like to combine the histories of both user names, but with the new email address [removed email address]

The helpline which ripped me off for £22 was thehelpline.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>helpline which ripped me off for £22 was thehelpline.com

I don't understand why you would contact someone other than Adobe for Adobe help, especially help with your Adobe ID

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what thehelpline.com is. I don't think that is an Adobe site.

What should have happened is that you would sign into Adobe using your old email address, then go to your profile and change the email address to your new one. Everything should then have kept all of your history. I'm going to ask someone to look at your Adobe account info (I don't have any access) and see how to get it back in place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John:  I was under the mistaken impression that it was an Adobe helpline.

Admin:  I couldn't log in to my old account because it (or some scammer) was telling me to change my password

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I no longer have the email (it said that the included link had a 3 day expiration) but when I received the "we've been hacked, you need to change your password" email from Adobe, it had instructions to click the link in the email

That link led to a page to enter a new password... which I did... and I have not had any problems since then

You MAY have been one of the people who was hit by a scammer after Adobe was hacked and information was stolen... at least now you know that you should only go to an Adobe web site for Adobe help, not some other site that wants to charge you money

If you paid by credit card, you should call your company and file a protest... you MAY be able to get your money back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tim

I have updated your original Adobe ID with your BT email address.  Please sign in using this email address and change your password as a precaution.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Bev, after a few initial hiccups thats all fine now.  Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines